PADI in SSI out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spc751

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My lds is dropping SSI and switching to PADI. I have never been a fan of SSI so this should be good.

I am PADI OW, PADI AOW and SSI Nitrox. My son is SSI OW and SSI Nitrox. Gotta say that I liked both and they both provide quality instruction.

My lds is dropping SSI and switching to PADI. I have never been a fan of SSI so this should be good.

I imagine it matters a lot whether one is a student, or a dive professional, or a shop owner in terms of how they relate to & regard an agency.

What did you dislike about SSI & what do you anticipate may be improved with PADI-affiliation?

Richard.

P.S.: I have 5 PADI cert.s & 1 SDI; the closest shop to me is SSI; I'm not 'in love' with any agency, but I don't have an axe to grind with any either. Just curious.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was originally posted in the forum designed to direct questions to agency experts in order to receive a knowledgeable answer. That is not the intent of the thread. Hopefully this location will be more appropriate.

I don't think there is anything I really dislike about SSI. I have taken both SSI and PADI courses but think I prefer PADI courses.

I am PADI OW, PADI AOW and SSI Nitrox. My son is SSI OW and SSI Nitrox. Gotta say that I liked both and they both provide quality instruction.

Two of my favorite pet-peeves in one post - woo hoo!

1.) Agencies don't provide any instruction.

2.) The word "quality" is a noun, and as such its use to modify the noun "instruction" is meaningless.

quality.jpg

Why do I get in these pedantic moods on Friday nights?

:cool2:

Two of my favorite pet-peeves in one post - woo hoo!

1.) Agencies don't provide any instruction.

2.) The word "quality" is a noun, and as such its use to modify the noun "instruction" is meaningless.

quality.jpg

Why do I get in these pedantic moods on Friday nights?

:cool2:
I don't want to completely derail the whole thread, but according to Merriam-Webster the word quality can be used as an adjective.
Quality | Definition of quality by Merriam-Webster

Will the instructional staff change? If not, the only changes will be in processing paperwork and the class materials.

The staff will be the same. The owner said he will get better support from PADI. I prefer PADI's material to SSI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom