2015 Seawing Nova Hurting Feet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtchurch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just started diving and these are my first pair of fins. After all the rave reviews of these, I expected blissful comfort but was in pain halfway though my first dive class!

The pain I'm having is where the top of the foot pocket is hitting the top of my foot at the point of entry. I am wearing a 5mm boot.
They were difficult to find in stock, I had to order them from a dive shop on the other side of the country, so Im dreading sending them back -but if they're the wrong size or something... They seem to fit perfectly fine otherwise, just that pain spot. Recommendations?

fin.png

Do you have a high arch? I have had this problem on and off with every fin I have owned. I found that loosening the strap helps.

Hi uncfnp, you may be right on the money. I had a podiatrist tell me I had unusually high arches. (lucky I guess).

Can these bungee straps even be adjusted?

-I'm also toying with the idea of taking a blow dryer to it to see if I can remold that one area a bit to fit my arch better...
The fins appear to be some kind of plastic composite anyway... :blinking:

Last edited:
I don't know that the arch is the problem but I have had this happen with so many different fins that I have concluded that it is my foot and not the fin itself. Probably the fact that my foot is short so the pocket hits pretty high up on the arch doesn't help either.

Sorry. I don't own your fins but my others were either adjustable, had a segment that could be added to a bungee strap (Quattros), or just seems to relaxing with use (Dive Rites). Hopefully someone with these fins will respond...

Boil some water. Heat the fins in the water. Put the fins on foot with boot. Wear untill cold. "Lather, Rinse, Repeat untill perfection"

I am SO going to try this!! THanks!

Will post my results.

You may also be able to trim some "rubber" from the pocket where it hits the top of your foot. I did it to some Atomic fin that were bothering me. I think I used a Dremel tool. Make sure the trim is smooth, especially no sharp internal corners that could start a tear.

The straps cannot be adjusted larger, you can off course cut them and make them smaller. You can, out of Europe anyway, buy just the bungee and fit yourself, it's pretty easy to do, I've done it.

jtchurch,
Most of the comments here are pretty much true; the length and height of your arch have a lot to do with the comfort of the fin. There are other models which have a larger opening that you may want to try on in your LDS. The SWN fin is injected as one materiel called Monprene. We, of course, do not advise cutting or 'melting' the fin which voids warranty. However, the bungee heel straps do come in various sizes which can be purchased separately in needed.

jtchurch,
Most of the comments here are pretty much true; the length and height of your arch have a lot to do with the comfort of the fin. There are other models which have a larger opening that you may want to try on in your LDS. The SWN fin is injected as one materiel called Monprene. We, of course, do not advise cutting or 'melting' the fin which voids warranty. However, the bungee heel straps do come in various sizes which can be purchased separately in needed.

I know at least one shop that sells just the bungee...

Back
Top Bottom