Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts our fellow Invader Chris - Chris of the Abyss

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROXANNE

Artist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As some of you may know, one of our Invasion families had to change their return date when June's mom was hospitalized in Florida. This turned out to be a huge blessing, and a bit of a miracle for them. They arrived home around 11:30 that night. Chris woke me a few hours later with chest pains. They drove him to the emergency room, assuming he hurt his shoulder traipsing luggage all over the place on their trip home. They were stunned to find out that he had to be transported to Nashville for emergency bypass surgery. They're so thankful they were back in the states, as June doesn't think he would have even attempted to go to the ER in Mexico.

He is out of surgery now and doing okay. Her Mom is also stable.

I have posted this with June's blessing. It's going to be a slow recovery and I'm sure they will both enjoy and appreciate all the well wishes from their old and new friends. Please post some wonderful positive thoughts for the family and keep them in your hearts.

Last edited:
Chris, June and Rachel-

Positive thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery!! Please let us know if there's anything we can do!!

Kurt

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.
Glad all worked out and went well.

Thank you for the kind words! Chris, Rachel and I really appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers. He was moved out of ICU today, so hopefully he'll be home sorting through all his dive photos in no time! :)

June

Tell Chris that was some extreme measures to get out of cleaning all the dive gear after your trip. :wink:

Just kidding, keep getting better!

Hopefully he'll have a quick recovery and you guys can get back to planning that trip to the Philippines.

Scary happenings after a great trip. Things DO happen for a reason. Get better soon, Chris. You have a lovely family to take care of.

Jerry and Kathy

I've chatted with June, and Chris was sent home yesterday recovering much faster than expected.

I'm sure he'll be home for a while, probably on a Netflix binge. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom