Dissasembling my console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to disassemble my console and just use the SPG. Not sure where to start...

Attaching pics of front and rear.

2015-06-28 20.49.31.jpg2015-06-28 10.41.00.jpg

Thats an older Sherwood console. Real easy to do. Disconnect the hose from the first stage, then just bend/flex the console boot at the depth gage and it will pop out. Do the same for the SPG and pull it and the hose out through the opening for the SPG. Then reconnect the hose to the first stage. Make sure and take care of the O ring on the hose and use normal care/lubrication when putting the hose back on

If you wet the boot it's a bit easier to pop the gauges out.

Submerge the console in hot water for a few minutes. this will soften the rubber/plastic material of the console and the SPG will come out easily.
The SGP is attached to the HP hose with a metal pin with 2 small o-rings. Clean thoroughly with white vinegar. Install new o-rings with silicone grease.

Attachments

• 2014-12-06 13.22.32.jpg
    2014-12-06 13.22.32.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 2014-08-15 23.48.36.jpg
    2014-08-15 23.48.36.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 51
Also a big flat screwdriver can be a handy tool if used with care. Just make sure you get it well under the instruments before you carefully leverage them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom