Scuba Schools of America/Rusty Berry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just came across this guy doing exactly what SSI recently canned an instructor in Vietnam for. If you go to the 10:15 mark, you'll see him make an octopus ink 4-5 times. https://vimeo.com/59860197

Update: It appears SSA has taken down this particular video, yet there are others on their site that show them molesting other octopus and sea hares. One guy is seen waving two sea hares around in a circular motion while squeezing the ink out of them.

Curious if SSI take the same action here.

Has anyone informed them?

Many times. Their Angel shark riding video drew a ton of comments on other boards until they removed it. They acted diving all fun and games and the animals are there for them to play with.

I reckon he's trying to get rid of problematic evidence.
Clearly he's not the smartest guy in class, since he seems to have forgotten he also has Vimeo channel.

https://vimeo.com/100350763
The REALLY bad stuff starts happening from 12:00 onwards.

I downloaded the video, in case he starts deleting that one as well.

Hopefully SSI will also boot this guy. They've shown they can do the right thing.
Although closing shop and expelling an SSI course director... That's a bit step...

Hopefully SSI will also boot this guy. They've shown they can do the right thing.
Although closing shop and expelling an SSI course director... That's a bit step...

Wow.

What's the alternative? Offer a distinctive specialty in Tearing Apart Sea Urchins So Garibaldi Can Feast On Fresh Uni?

chop-urchin.jpg

Confession: I stopped watching in disgust at 12:30.

Last edited:
Nothing changes with this A-hole. Unsuspecting new divers continue to get taken and ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom