Wetsuit for Plus Size Woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkel16

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am trying to find a wetsuit for my fiance who is plus sized. Any suggestions for manufacturer or if she would need to go to a men's size? She is approximately 330, with a pant size of 26-28. Probably around 7mm, as most diving we will be doing is lakes and quarries. Didn't know if any of you lady divers (or men) could help her out!

Thanks in Advance,

Jon

Consider checking out Henderson Hyperstretch... I am 5'4 203 lbs and have both a 3mm a 5mm depending on where I dive. look for the"" W"" in the sizes. They are very stretchy. good luck..

I would not go with a men's size wetsuit. They are not designed for a woman at all. I have an XL sized men's wetsuit, and my girlfriend has a hard time getting into it. It doesn't fit around her thighs or her chest. She wears a 14, but the regular 14's are too tall. She bought a "14 short" from Bare.

I would second this recommendation.

Consider checking out Henderson Hyperstretch... I am 5'4 203 lbs and have both a 3mm a 5mm depending on where I dive. look for the"" W"" in the sizes. They are very stretchy. good luck..

I got a custom made wetsuit from Otter Bay, in Monterey CA (Otterbaysuits.com Homepage). Mine is 6.5 mm. I love love love it.

I also have bought a 2 mm from Seadreams Wetsuits for women. Top quality wetsuits for women. – Seadreams Wetsuits for Women. They are willing and able to make their wetsuits in thicker neoprene, but I decided that I'd rather pay an extra $50 for the custom size.

(I'm 5'6", 220, and my belly is round, which makes off the rack sizing not the best for me)

I am trying to find a wetsuit for my fiance who is plus sized. Any suggestions for manufacturer or if she would need to go to a men's size? She is approximately 330, with a pant size of 26-28. Probably around 7mm, as most diving we will be doing is lakes and quarries. Didn't know if any of you lady divers (or men) could help her out!

Thanks in Advance,

Jon

Custom is the way to go. In addition to those mentioned, Terrapin Wet Suits does a good job. Blog

Male or female, if you don't have an off-the-rack body, go custom. You'll be miserable trying to try be stuffed like a sausage into a casing if the suit is too small and you'll be forever chilled if the suit is too big.

I've had great service and a great suit from Aqua-Flite. http://aquaflite.com/

I'm short and round (5'1" and 195 lbs), I thought I'd need a custom but I found that a women's Henderson Aqualock fit perfect. I have both a 5mm and a 3mm in 12short. (FYI-size 12 is def not what I wear in landlubber clothing). First, Find a Henderson dealer and see if there's sizes to try on before going custom, she might be pleasantly surprised. Men's suits would probably not fit correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom