Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I haven't been on the board much since moving to Chicago. Hope you're all doing well and staying wet. I have a friend and her three kids (ages 11 to 14) who are vacationing in South Florida and want to snorkel Blue Heron Bridge on Tuesday 6/23 or Wednesday, 6/24. They've gone there before with me but haven't done it by themselves.

By chance, is there anyone who's planning on being there those days who wouldn't mind talking to them and pointing out where they should snorkel? I've gone over it with them but it's easier to understand in person.

Also, if you know of any websites that give good instructions, those would be helpful too.

Thanks and take care. Even though I don't post much anymore, I still love looking at the pics in this thread. The photography has gotten incredible!

There is a big sign at the bridge with info on the snorkel trail. Also the life guards will point them in the right direction, and then there is the swimming area they can snorkel in.

Great Jenny. Last time they were there the snorkel trail wasn't installed, so there wasn't any signage about where to go. It sounds like the park is really trying to attract snorkelers - probably to the chagrin of the divers.

Great Jenny. Last time they were there the snorkel trail wasn't installed, so there wasn't any signage about where to go. It sounds like the park is really trying to attract snorkelers - probably to the chagrin of the divers.
Actually, the snorkelers are far less likely to SILT UP the bottom than the hordes of student scuba divers that come out in force each weekend--a class of chaos where jumping up and down and silting on top of hydroid forests with nudibranchs and frogfish living in it, is apparently irrelevant to the shops causing this.

Sounds like things haven't changed since I took this picture five years ago!

Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_088-1.jpg

A shot from a couple weeks ago.. snorkelers near the boat on the point

11206977_10152862160243531_4722610326471505638_n.jpg

---------- Post added June 22nd, 2015 at 03:37 PM ----------

Sounds like things haven't changed since I took this picture five years ago!

Aug_14_10_BHB_Dive_088-1.jpg

nope. not really.. Avoid the bridge on the weekend whenever possible, unless it's a super early morning, or scheduled night dive..

Hi! I'm planning to dive the bridge in August. I have a dumb question--what do you do with car keys while you dive? And other valuables? I'll have a rental car and I imagine electronic keys that can't go in the water.

Hi! I'm planning to dive the bridge in August. I have a dumb question--what do you do with car keys while you dive? And other valuables? I'll have a rental car and I imagine electronic keys that can't go in the water.

Ziploc and small otter box, and/or ask for the "valet" key at the car rental agency.

Just called them. It is Stuart Scuba. They have everything I need, and even have lock boxes for car keys!!

woot woot

Someone wondered the same thing a few weeks ago! I called stuart scuba and confirmed they cam look after keys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom