October Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pamblam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi y'all,

I'll be making a long-overdue back home to Alabama to visit family in Fairhope the 1st week of October.
Living in land-locked Colorado is tough for us divers and we seek every opportunity to blow some bubbles!

We're thinking of the Lulu and Oriskany sites. Any other recommendations? What should we expect weather-wise/water temp; and wetsuit thickness?

I know it's months down the road but I love planning dives & need something to look forward to.
Thanks in advance,

Pam

70° to 75° water temps. Weather and viz are usually good that time of year, but you could have glass-flat one day, and a Cat5 hurricane the next.

If I had to pick a month to dive in our area of the Gulf, it would probably be October.

70° to 75° water temps. Weather and viz are usually good that time of year, but you could have glass-flat one day, and a Cat5 hurricane the next.

If I had to pick a month to dive in our area of the Gulf, it would probably be October.

US cold fronts late in the month could be a factor(offshore).....Mine would be June or July--or even August......

Also OP, Vortex Springs(etc) could be done...

I Would think about morrison springs before Vortex. just my two cents!

That's why I put "etc" in there--------lol, could only come up with Vortex......

Thanks Gary! It will be the 1st weekend in October....so almost September. Will be in touch :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom