Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_frog.JPG

We saw a large amount of Sargasso weed pushing ashore so decided to explore.
Amazing number of critters but very challenging to photograph, worse to video.
Loads of fun!
John

---------- Post added June 18th, 2015 at 11:32 AM ----------

I know a dolphin's (Mahi mahi) size limit is 20 inches to the fork but this tiger of the sargassum forest was approximately 2 inches....
Mahi.JPG

---------- Post added June 18th, 2015 at 11:39 AM ----------

Lest you think it is all predators in the weed, there are some cute "grazers"
Juvenile Spiny Puffer

Juvenile_Puffer1.JPG

Hmm. That doesn't sound positive.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk
Not familiar with that sign, but I'm sure it must only refer to the area reserved for swimmers over towards the east side. All I've ever known of that issue was that you ain't sposed to have yer regulator in yer mouth within that zone - marked off by buoys.

Thanks for the advice all re: Singer Island Mitigation Reef. I talked to the lifeguards and they said what you've said - the No Scuba sign only applies to the lifeguarded swim area. And the Private Beach signs only apply to sand in front of the condos, not the water. I did the dive late Wednesday. While I enjoyed it, I judged that the hike on the sand would be too much for many in our group. So instead, we did a short dive at low tide on the bridge to get people oriented. Due to timing, the tide was still going out. So the vis wasn't good, and the current was kicking, and one person's BCD got hooked (not in the bladder thankfully). Such is life in the muck when you go off hours. The fisherman seemed less upset when I was able to retrieve his hook (and bait) after cutting his line.

I did the dive myself Thursday morning at the proper time and it was great. Got to see my favorite - polka dot batty. I also saw this worm? Any suggestions on species ID? My first thought was xmas tree worm not attached, but it doesn't look xmas-y enough. I'll repost to Critter ID forum but I figured I'd try here first. I also had to snap this variegated urchin who had collected a chicken bone....

pd1.jpgucb1.jpgworm1.jpgworm2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom