Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should do fine at those times.. just make sure you arrive early enough to look for a parking spot

We planned on staying a few hours prior and just enjoying the beach and snorkling. We have a total of 4 people and only my wife and I are certified to dive so we have to make it fun for them too. If anyone is going and woukld be willing to show us around, I would be more than happy to return the favor by buying some cold cocktails!! We would like to get a better experience of the what the bridge has to offer other than the snorkling area we were in last time.

Arriving in town tonight if anyone is planning on diving tomorrow evenings high tide or Sundays early tide

Something new (for me) under the bridge...

Santcurse.jpg

A package!!

After shooing the worms off, I cut away the twine...which was very artfully done...to get to the bright blue cloth wrap, which when removed exposed brown wrapping paper with a name written on it, wrapped around white packaging, containing a piece of dead ..... something....the consistency of chicken or fish (I was glad to see it wasn't a hand or foot).

I'm not well enough versed to tell if this was Santeria, Candoble, Vodou (my guess), or Palo Moyombe, but it's nice to know the Afro-Caribbean religions are alive and well in South Florida...

The outgoing tide was running strong...and it was shredded and gone in the current in a few moments.

As to whom the curse was for, I'm not sayin'....but the name doesn't show up with a local obituary on a Google search.

I gave my gear a really good rinse and took a looong shower when I got home.

Last edited:
bilsant,

Some years ago a dive buddy found a bottle that seems to have had a similar purpose under the west bridge. He is now in the Phillippines diving and traveling there and around Asia for several years now---I am guessing you will run into him there! :wink: Best git ta packin' ! But the Samurai sword and false teeth found by US has led to nothing but MORE bridge diving for us--I guess that's OK.

bilsant,

Some years ago a dive buddy found a bottle that seems to have had a similar purpose under the west bridge. He is now in the Phillippines diving and traveling there and around Asia for several years now---I am guessing you will run into him there! :wink: Best git ta packin' ! But the Samurai sword and false teeth found by US has led to nothing but MORE bridge diving for us--I guess that's OK.

:rofl3:

Something new (for me) under the bridge...

View attachment 210549

A package!!

After shooing the worms off, I cut away the twine...which was very artfully done...to get to the bright blue cloth wrap, which when removed exposed brown wrapping paper with a name written on it, wrapped around white packaging, containing a piece of dead ..... something....the consistency of chicken or fish (I was glad to see it wasn't a hand or foot).

I'm not well enough versed to tell if this was Santeria, Candoble, Vodou (my guess), or Palo Moyombe, but it's nice to know the Afro-Caribbean religions are alive and well in South Florida...

The outgoing tide was running strong...and it was shredded and gone in the current in a few moments.

As to whom the curse was for, I'm not sayin'....but the name doesn't show up with a local obituary on a Google search.

I gave my gear a really good rinse and took a looong shower when I got home.
Only you.. only you..

rethinking how much I love diving with you....

MB:
Yeah, just make sure you have all your "parts" before he shops them to the Santeria priestess levitating under the bridge!

:no:

Never from a friend....

---------- Post added June 14th, 2015 at 10:33 PM ----------

Only you.. only you..

rethinking how much I love diving with you....

Right back atchya, sweetie!

I was actually looking or JET's brownstripe octopus. Any more sightings?

Last edited:
I was actually looking or JET's brownstripe octopus. Any more sightings?

I gave the ladies specific directions to find it the next day but no luck. Problem is it looks very much like the common we see all the time when in "rock posture" so you could easily miss it. I only realized it was something different when he started moving.

So in the meantime here is a nice tiger-stripe seahorse I saw the other day. I found him about two months ago, but wasn't happy with any pics. I just found him again and thought this turned out well enough to share.

tiger seahorse.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom