ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2015 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit? From the videos of Cozumel that have been getting posted I was thinking more like Birthday Suit! /just kidding. Seriously considering leaving my 3mm wetsuit at home and just wearing my rash guard gear.
Here's a link to the average weather and temps
June Weather Averages for Cozumel, Mexico
Just a reminder if you are going on the whale shark excursion, they require you wear at least a 3 mil wetsuit or shorty, if not you will need to wear a life jacket. If you do not wish to bring a wetsuit, you can rent one from the dive shop if they have your size.

Here's the weather forecast http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/MXQR0074:1:MX

I am bringing a sleeveless 3m.. Although I have been diving there a week at the time with only a bathing suit.

I will start outwith shorts and a rash guard, but by the end of the week I will probably be wearing my 2mm shorty. I will have my 3 mm hooded vest along just in case. Water will be warm, but it still cools your core slightly. Thin wetsuits do not take up much room, and I would rather bring it and not need it than not bring it and need it.

Not into shocking people with my birthday suit, but I'll be diving the cenotes and Cozumel in my bathing suit.

Oh crap, Pete....we've got nude diving Linda and now you??? I'm bringing my dark sunglasses :D (no offense, Linda)

BTW, Roxanne, for the whale shark tour, is it an inflatable mae west (snorkle vest) or a full blown life jacket? I'll roast in a 3mil. Just askin'...

Last edited:
Oh crap, Pete....we've got nude diving Linda and now you??? I'm bringing my dark sunglasses :D (no offense, Linda)

BTW, Roxanne, for the whale shark tour, is it an inflatable mae west (snorkle vest) or a full blown life jacket? I'll get roast in a 3mil. Just askin'...

Full blown life jacket, sorry. You can dip your self in the water in between to help keep you cool.

I can't imagine anything less than my 5mm, never been hot but I was cold in Cabo at 72F and ended up adding a hooded vest.

5 Days To Go!!!
TO THE
DIVING SOCIAL EVENT OF THE YEAR!

Travel from Airport to Hotel
Since I see most of you have other crew members on your flight. The best way is to get to the hotel is once everyone gets thru customs. Walk past all those trying to sell time shares to the outside of the airport and locate the taxi vans, they will be right outside the airport. I am not sure of the price, this site seems to have up to date price list.
I seem to remember like $7-8.00 pp.
Cozumel Insider - Cozumel Transportation - Taxi Fares to and from Cozumel Airport - Cozumelinsider

Those are going to be the longest 5 days lol

I noticed in the confirmation email, last july, from Bay Adventures at the bottom it has instructions on how to get to the hotel from the airport.

To get to the hotel: once you clear customs and walk into the airport lobby, at the glass window marked “shuttle” near the exit doors purchase a ticket to Hotel Cozumel (currently 96 pesos or about $8/person). Walk outside & they’ll put you on a shared shuttle van to the hotel. To get back to the airport, take a regular taxi (about $15 total, not per person).

I can't imagine anything less than my 5mm, never been hot but I was cold in Cabo at 72F and ended up adding a hooded vest.

72 Degrees is COLD! Even in the summer I'd need a hood and gloves.

Thanks Roxanne for the heads up on the type of life jacket so I can tell my girls. The inflatable snorkel vests aren't too bad, but a full blown life jacket would really stink.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom