NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oliver, as I've told you repeatedly: I have personally witnessed repeated violations and have personally witnessed poor instruction.
[...]
In fact, having witnessed so many is what got people contacting me about examples that they witnessed.

I have in writing from yourself that you did not witness any of the violations of the entire NACD instructor crew.
What gives?

And again, did you witness the violation that you reported? The one that you referred to above that was reported and not acted upon. Were you on that dive with your friend?
Or was it just your friend who told you and which prompted you to report it?

It seems there are a couple self appointed cave police here in this thread, lol. Beware instructors the cave police are watching you! :)

I have in writing from yourself that you did not witness any of the violations of the entire NACD instructor crew.
What gives?

And again, did you witness the violation that you reported? The one that you referred to above that was reported and not acted upon. Were you on that dive with your friend?
Or was it just your friend who told you and which prompted you to report it?

It seems your reading comprehension gives, Oliver. Either your reading comprehension is lacking or you're lying to suit your cause.

Kind of reminds me of the playground tattletale. Nobody liked that kid growing up.

No, I think it's tribal. VZ lists Cave Adventures as his place for cave instruction. Oliver does exploration dives in Jackson Blue with Rob Neto (some great video out of that).

IIRC Edd at Cave Adventures and Rob Neto had a falling out.

*edit* This does not mean that I think Edd is doing anything other than diving, teaching, and rescuing people who screw up. Rather that students can take sides if conflicts are perceived between instructors. It happens in all kinds of educational systems from high school to university and beyond. It's tribal.

Last edited:
No, I think it's tribal. VZ lists Cave Adventures as his place for cave instruction. Oliver does exploration dives in Jackson Blue with Rob Neto (some great video out of that).

IIRC Edd at Cave Adventures and Rob Neto had a falling out.

Edd hasn't been involved at all, and I have no dog in the Neto fight. My involvement leads back to Rick posting that his agency was superior because their instructors were superior because they had a harder path to becoming instructors. I simply informed him that his superiority was unfounded. That is where my involvement started.

I don't see what's so hard to understand.

My involvement leads back to Rick posting that his agency was superior because their instructors were superior because they had a harder path to becoming instructors. I simply informed him that his superiority was unfounded. That is where my involvement started.

I'm not sure that's how to effect positive change, but carry on.

It seems your reading comprehension gives, Oliver. Either your reading comprehension is lacking or you're lying to suit your cause.

Posting private conversation is not something I do or feel is the right thing to do. However if you want me to clear it up, I can post the PM in which you state that you were merely forwarding reports.

And again, for the third and final time, I would like to ask you. Did you actually witness the standards violation you reported to the other agency and that was not acted upon? This is the one involving your friend and which she told you about. Did you witness it, were you on that dive?

Go diving, people!!!!

I wish I was in cc, but here I am, working!

Go dive!!!!

And again, for the third and final time, I would like to ask you. Did you actually witness the standards violation you reported to the other agency and that was not acted upon? This is the one involving your friend and which she told you about. Did you witness it, were you on that dive?

Yes. I witnessed it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom