PADI Master Scuba Diver Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfeDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hold a DiveMaster rating, with my current training organization, however, I will have 5 Specialty dives that are PADI Courses, so would I be able to get a PADI Master Scuba Diver Certification?

Yep. The key is that the 5 specialty certifications must be PADI; but Rescue can be from another agency.

Last edited:
Cool. I have got a lot of conflicting information about PADI and even crossing over. I had one person tell me that I had to start overly completely with Open Water!

Didn't I see this same discussion in another thread? Or am I just losing my marbles? :wink:

A.

Didn't I see this same discussion in another thread? Or am I just losing my marbles? :wink:

A.

It's possible... this and similar discussion have only come up a few thousand times here on SB. (Or it might just be a glitch in the Matrix.)

deja-vu.jpg

I understand having a DM rating with organization A and wanting a DM rating with organization B for professional reasons.

Why would somebody having a DM rating with organization A want a MSD rating with organization B since the MSD is not a professional rating?

Folks doing what they want is fine with me, but I am curious.

The thing is...... the OP is the same person on both threads.

A.

It's possible... this and similar discussion have only come up a few thousand times here on SB. (Or it might just be a glitch in the Matrix.)

deja-vu.jpg

The thing is...... the OP is the same person on both threads.

A.

There's was another one around here yesterday where a poster replied to their own thread... five years later.

I really can't see the point if you are a DM in looking to get the MSD rating. The MSD is not a certification, just a rating - recognition for completing some pre-requisites

To each their own...I personally did the MSD so I could get a nice reduced bundle price for the five specialties on a training liveaboard in Phuket. Had a great time and the specialties were those that I wanted anyways.

Back
Top Bottom