NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hard copy and digital are nice, but I dont think the world is quite ready for digital cards. they work well in america where there's LTE signal almost everywhere that there's a cave, but less so in other parts of the world.

hard copy and digital are nice, but I dont think the world is quite ready for digital cards. they work well in america where there's LTE signal almost everywhere that there's a cave, but less so in other parts of the world.

I think the e-cards are stored locally on the device, so a connection isn't necessary to view the card...although a dead battery is still an issue.

Great-great grandchildren would require procreation. No thanks! <shudder>

I like hard copy C-cards more than digital for a variety of reasons. Imagine the joy of discovery that a kid's great great grandfather was a cave diver when an old C-card is found in the attic.

I would love to see Dan Patterson take the td position. Rick, is his name in the hat for consideration?

Dan P is a consideration

Dan is a great guy. Took my cave training with him. Don't think he is one for the political drama that goes on.

Dan is a great guy. Took my cave training with him. Don't think he is one for the political drama that goes on.
The watershed of this is that many qualified potential candidates will have second, third and final thoughts about volunteering their services since we tend to lynch them publicly and at the drop of a hat. Rumors seem to trump reason and facts in the cave community. There's even a rumor that I started a rumor and I only host their website!

:sinq:​

we tend to lynch them publicly and at the drop of a hat

You mean like starting a thread in a public forum named "NACD Instructor standards violation" about an alleged incident that may have happened 2+ years ago, and then making no further comment about an investigation or its findings for a month and a half?

they are getting their ducks in a row and ready to release findings. They had to release information saying why they suspended him and removed him as an instructor. They can't release any more information until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

edit: symantics on instructor vs. TD

Last edited:
they are getting their ducks in a row and ready to release findings. They had to release information saying why they suspended him and removed him as TD. They can't release any more information until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

What are you talking about?

Who was removed as a TD?

How do you know they are "ready to release findings"?

Who told you "they can't release any more information until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed."?

Dude, unless you have a lot more information than we have, you might want to consider to shut your cake hole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom