Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the candid response Jenny. I wish it didn't require the "good luck"..... haha

You can certainly park at the Ocean mall ...about a 250 yard walk...not so bad....Just drop your gear off, and flip a coin to decide who parks and walks, and who stays with the gear :)

Or... :)
Stay at the Marriott Resort and Spa on Singer Island ( about 9/10ths of a mile north down the road after the bridge) and let the Concierge at the Resort get you dropped off, and picked up later :)

LOL.. It might be the only place to dive this weekend if the winds pick up as somebody predicted.. gaah..

I didn't predict it, I just interpreted the predictions.

That being said, I don't dive on Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend, and 4th of July weekend. Too many crazies out on the water for my tastes.

BHB will be a madhouse, but if you don't mind people and crowds, either get there early or consider following Dan's good suggestions.

Any thoughts on diving the mid afternoon tides this weekend?

Wife and I are thinking about making the trip from the west coast but wanted to get a sense of what to expect with mid day parking on a holiday weekend.

It's the last time we'll be able to get over there for awhile, otherwise we'd skip it.

Saturday would be your best shot. 12:38 hightide if you're there a couple hours early you shouldn't have any trouble parking. Sunday you'll want to be there at about the same time with more of a wait. As many divers who will be there this weekend believe it or not it does thin out and you can still have a nice dive.

I didn't predict it, I just interpreted the predictions.

That being said, I don't dive on Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend, and 4th of July weekend. Too many crazies out on the water for my tastes.

BHB will be a madhouse, but if you don't mind people and crowds, either get there early or consider following Dan's good suggestions.
And you my friend, have become quite the good predictor!

Got there at 10 and jumped in at 11 and had a nice time. No trouble parking and beat the crowd. The sheriffs have a bunch of spots blocked off for them so if you're thinking tomorrow or Monday be early.

003.jpg

...well then, let's clear the air with a little BHB video action!

Had a great time last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOCnKQEbI4o

Why do people insist on harassing critters like this. I was almost enjoying the video, but it got out of hand with the night dive section. Sigh. Can't people just watch and enjoy without poking, prodding and pushing?

Sigh. Can't people just watch and enjoy without poking, prodding and pushing?

you sound like the bouncer at the Dancer Bar. :idk::idk::idk::idk:

Shame on all you negative mudslingers, bashers of people with an idea to get others motivated to stop the taking of critters from BHB. All you have to say is I agree or I don't agree & if a petition gets started sign it if you agree. Some of you I know & I am surprised at your negative reaction. This thread has changed from years ago when Scott & then Jim started it. The biggest disappointment is the town/city/county that created this park & then years later built & promoted a snorkel park to encourage people to enjoy it. Then they do nothing to protect it. I would sign a petition to stop the collecting of tropicals & all critters residing in the waters of Phil Foster Park. I wish I could do more. Maybe there is someone out there who can help do what Dan suggests. I hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom