Embarrassing drysuit experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just so you know, installing a P-valve doesn't solve the issue. Last week at Ginnie Springs, I remembered to put on a catheter but forgot to plug it in :)

been there... done that... had to throw the tshirt away.

I was lucky that the first drysuit i bought came with a pee valve. I haven't had to suffer other than the first time removing the condom catheter. So far haven't forgotten to plug in...but it sounds like that is not an "if" situation, more like a "when" it happens situation. Till then.

Henry James

I was faced with two choices - either abort the effort, climb up the stairs, shuck the dry suit, hang my butt off the platform and pee, thereby delaying everyone's return to diving, or just pee all over myself. So I chose the latter
Dang, you ARE dedicated. And way too nice.

I think - or at least, I like to believe - that most of the other divers would be rather understanding if you had chosen the former. I would. And if I were in your shoes, I'd pull a Cartman ("Screw you guys, I'm taking a leak!"). But then, I also refuse to just let go during a bike ride like some riders apparently do. If I have to go, I'm getting off that bike. No matter what the rest of the peloton says.

Dang, you ARE dedicated. And way too nice.

I think - or at least, I like to believe - that most of the other divers would be rather understanding if you had chosen the former. I would. And if I were in your shoes, I'd pull a Cartman ("Screw you guys, I'm taking a leak!"). But then, I also refuse to just let go during a bike ride like some riders apparently do. If I have to go, I'm getting off that bike. No matter what the rest of the peloton says.

Maybe you should add a p-valve to your bike! On friendly rides, you could use it to relieve yourself. If you ever compete, it could be an area defense weapon....make your opponent's track slipperier around a crucial corner!

Well, the plumbing can be routed inside the seat tube for less drag, but I'll have to think about how I should route it past the sealed bottom bracket.

My biggest concern, though, is what will happen if I wipe out and I and my bike go our separate ways. Can you get caths with low-strength glue? Otherwise, I'm afraid you can start calling me Bobbit when I recover...

Well, the plumbing can be routed inside the seat tube for less drag, but I'll have to think about how I should route it past the sealed bottom bracket.

My biggest concern, though, is what will happen if I wipe out and I and my bike go our separate ways. Can you get caths with low-strength glue? Otherwise, I'm afraid you can start calling me Bobbit when I recover...
Quick release quick disconnect on the catheter.

OP I use Depend on longer dives I back it up with a menspads by Depend works fine no leaks a little disagreeable taking them off, have adult wash towels handy to wipe yourself down. Don't want diaper rash!

Recently had my prostate removed and was connected to a bag for a week. I'm thinking of maybe combining a condom catheter with the new leg bag I have left over and using that instead of paying for a pee-valve. Anyone tried that?

Back
Top Bottom