NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG, what a bunch of babble!

Probably right,but I am still waiting for a reply from GDI, does the NACD condone intro divers being taken into Lower OG and Hendleys? I understand it is not an NACD course so no standards are not violated (maybe),but ethically is this condoned???? I also ask this question of Doppler aka Steve Lewis, since it was reported here that he is on the training committee. Personally I think this is too serious of an issue to ignore, especially when a declaration in another thread was made to address the problems with cave diving and training in a thread entitled "etiquette".

Probably right,but I am still waiting for a reply from GDI, does the NACD condone intro divers being taken into Lower OG and Hendleys? I understand it is not an NACD course so no standards are not violated (maybe),but ethically is this condoned???? I also ask this question of Doppler aka Steve Lewis, since it was reported here that he is on the training committee. Personally I think this is too serious of an issue to ignore, especially when a declaration in another thread was made to address the problems with cave diving and training in a thread entitled "etiquette".

I can't possibly see how an intro student could do the castle and stay within NACD standards.

Post #218

You know I am not try to be an a**hole,but when I read the thread on Feb 26th, "Cave training etiquette real or imaginary" I was interested and hopeful. Rick aka GDI did an excellent job of addressing comments and showed a desire to set a higher level for not the NACD,but cave diving in general. When I read a post regarding an intro diver getting deep training in sites well outside intro level of a cave dive, I was surprised by Rick's comments. I have been hopeful he would clarify more,because comments here and on the other thread mentioned just didn't seem to add up.

I've come to the opinion they are hoping the threads will die out and we will just move and forget this sh!storm. Too much doesn't add up and there are no reasonable explanations.

I've come to the opinion they are hoping the threads will die out and we will just move and forget this sh!storm. Too much doesn't add up and there are no reasonable explanations.

You may be right,and where I greatly appreciate previous candor in another thread with professionally developed answers in response to questions, I think this shouldn't be too hard to give a response to.

It's funny that you guys expect to extract some kind of logical sense out of the actions of the NACD. Clearly, RN was playing with fire when he joined up with those guys during the Johnny-Bert-Curt-Walter fiasco, and then got burned himself after disrespecting the "god father". Enough said.

Dave

It's funny that you guys expect to extract some kind of logical sense out of the actions of the NACD. Clearly, RN was playing with fire when he joined up with those guys during the Johnny-Bert-Curt-Walter fiasco, and then got burned himself after disrespecting the "god father". Enough said.

Dave

The logical sense I am trying to extract is whether we are the open discussion using social media organization, or the previous communication mode agency. One thread declared the use of social media as a means of addressing the ills of cave diving, and some of these discussions probably exceeded comfort zones,but I thought was handled well. I have an honest request for further clarification of something that was brought up because it alarms me significantly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom