Boynton 6 pack recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nancyrobin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anybody recommend a good dive operation that goes out of Boynton Beach, preferable a six-pack? We would need a boat that puts a dive master in the water, as we do not know the area. If not a six-pack, then just a good, safe boat, with adequate shade. Coming down the weekend of 6/20-21. Thanks in advance.

I've had good luck with Splashdown Divers: http://www.splashdowndivers.com/default.asp
It's not a six pack, but it's a good boat, lots of shade, a very knowledgeable captain, and locals who know their way around. A guide is only +$30.

I second OceanEyes' recommendation of UnderWater Explorers. It is the only true 6-pack in Boynton, and owner Kevin is almost always in the water with divers. He and his crew are just a great day of diving, period.

Feel free to PM me with additional questions, etc. Hope you have a fantastic time on your visit!

Krista

splash2.jpg
Shade on Splashdown divers....very roomy and comfortable dive boat, typically runs with lots of space --this was last Sunday morning.

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 46
  • splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 42
Highly recommend Kevin/Underwater Explorers. In fact, his name is on the back of my OW cert card! Which, ironically, was done with him back in 2006 when he worked with Splashdown Divers.

In fact, HowardE and Mugsy were also passengers on the boat that day.

It's a small world, after all!

I like both of the operators mentioned. You might want to check to ensure Underwater Explorers still includes a guide with the standard price. The boat used to, but I think you need to pay extra like all the other boats. BTW: most of the diving in Boynton is drift diving (on the reefs at least). It's pretty easy diving, if you don't use a guide, one of your group will tow a dive flag/float and the boat will come over and pick you up when you surface. The reefs are linear and you just let the current carry you (usually) northward. It's almost impossible to get lost on the reef and you'll never be too far from the boat unless the diver with the flag drops the line.

:hijack: (Sorry)

Hi Guys.

I have my first trip with Underwater Explorers in about 2 weeks. Narcosis was booked for that day so I decided to try UE based on so many positive comments on SB. Couple of questions for the regulars...

I have a couple of inflatable dive flags that I use at BHB but they are not particularly robust. Does the boat provide or rent flags or should I make arrangements before hand.

Any tips about the boat, captain/crew or reefs that will improve our experience and not make us look like rookies on a new boat? (Very experience with drift dives out of WPB but Boynton and 6 pack boats are new to me)

Thanks!

:hijack: (Sorry)

Hi Guys.

I have my first trip with Underwater Explorers in about 2 weeks. Narcosis was booked for that day so I decided to try UE based on so many positive comments on SB. Couple of questions for the regulars...

I have a couple of inflatable dive flags that I use at BHB but they are not particularly robust. Does the boat provide or rent flags or should I make arrangements before hand.

Any tips about the boat, captain/crew or reefs that will improve our experience and not make us look like rookies on a new boat? (Very experience with drift dives out of WPB but Boynton and 6 pack boats are new to me)

Thanks!
Each of the Boynton charter boats has flag floats for you....the only divers bringing their own floats, are the ones that want to tow a torpedo float for it's much lower drag ( and much higher cost :)
You will find Kevin runs an awesome dive service !

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom