Gauge magnifier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see great distances with my contacts in. Unfortunately it ruins my reading. So, underwater I can't read my gauges. Does anyone know of a company that sells gauge magnifiers? I have an Aladdin Pro computer. Thanks.

I need a mask with prescription lenses built in. You might consider that. Being able to see at great distance isn't much of an asset while diving. Being able to see in the 5m or so around you is.

R..

I will have to try Hydrotac. I am pretty set in my ways. I still use the US Divers Pacifica mask with the purge valve for my stash. I always get teased about it, but I have been using this mask since "84". I can still find them on ebay for short money. I won't change computers until this one dies. I don't think anybody changes the battery any more.

Reactions: RJP
I bought a XS-Scuba like this one - Gauge Reader - Down View - Dive Right in Scuba. It works really well in being able to read SPG or Computer. If you will notice the construction of the mask, you will see that the lower lens is at a slightly different angle than the main lens. I'm not an expert in optical issues, but for me, this difference in angle makes the ocean bottom seem much closer than when looking through the main lens of the mask. I like to cruise just a few feet above the bottom and found myself constantly nodding my head in order to figure out just how close to the bottom I was. I have noticed that XS-Scuba has come out with a version 2 of this mask that does not have the angled magnifier - XS Scuba MA280 Gauge Reader Scuba Mask . It may work better than the one I have.

I did the same as Charles2 and really loved them for a long time. I now need something alittle bit stronger and I have to say that I did not know about the MA280 until now. Now as for my next mask I am leaning toward these: RX Prescription Corrective Scuba Dive Snorkeling Mask | eBay due to price as well as the ability to pick out the strength. I will post on here after I get them (always need a backup mask).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom