Cutting tools of choice for wreck penetration dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trilobite (2) then shears and way down the list is the knife. I've used the trilobite many times (shore diving with fisherman) the shears (more on shore) and I can't think of when I've pulled out my knife (small scubapro whitetip on my HP hose).

You need the BFK to scare the others away from your loot....

Jim...

I would say I use my knife/line cutter more, haven't really needed the shears yet.

Do you carry anything that can cut wire?

Do you carry anything that can cut wire?

Yes...lineman pliers ....

Jim...

I have a trilobite on my chest strap, another on my dive comp wrist strap. shears on my thigh pocket and a small dive knife in the traditional leg placement.

I don't carry anything that is designed to cut wire....but the shears probably would...I can cut some pretty heavy materials with them.

Shears are not going to cut the wire cable found on wrecks.. The best " small " thing to have are lineman pliers ... Will cut 3/16 stainless steel cable, 00 wire and most likely anything you get tangled in... Bolt cutters are next up on the list.. But, much bigger to carry...

Jim....

Are you talking about fishing wire cable or braided strand cable in large diameters? I'll have to give it a go next time I see some just for the sake of trying it.

Back
Top Bottom