NACD Instructor standards violation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the news release:

"As has become public knowledge, at this time three members of the NACD Board of Directors and the Operations Officer Resigned from their positions"

Thanks Rick. My confusion came from this part of the same news release:

"Recently three members have chosen to resign from the NACD and have made announcements on social media forums such as their facebook pages."

Let's not forget that Rick (with Rob's help) banned Bert, Curt, and Walter from the NACD for life for expressing their opinions on the Internet.

For their lives, or the life of the NACD?

The last IRS 990 for the NACD seems to indicate that it won't be around too much longer, at least not in its current state.

I've been a member of the NACD (and the NSS-CDS) since I started cave diving 10 years ago. My instructor, Michael O'Leary, was president of the NACD then. I stayed with the NACD through the previous ruckus, and intend to renew my membership.

But I have to say that "confidentiality agreements" or any other policies that prevent a BOD member from speaking his or her mind anywhere, any time, or in any setting make me acutely uncomfortable. It's not protected medical information, the recipe for Coca-Cola or the nuclear launch codes that are being dealt with here - what's the big secret?

Mike

I've been a member of the NACD since I started cave diving 10 years ago. My instructor, Michael O'Leary, was president of the NACD then. I stayed with the NACD through the previous ruckus, and intend to renew my membership.

But I have to say that "confidentiality agreements" or any other policies that prevent a BOD member from speaking his or her mind anywhere, any time, or in any setting make me acutely uncomfortable. It's not protected medical information, the recipe for Coca-Cola or the nuclear launch codes that are being dealt with here - what's the big secret?

Mike
it's a secret.

It's my understanding that this standard violation was Rob teaching an intro to cave diver trimix in lower orange grove. This has been a rumor for at least close to two years. I wasn't there and won't guess if its valid or not.

Seems odd that it's randomly looked into after so long. Part of me wonders if it's more personal conflict than enforcing standards.

I'm sure that returning Larry Green to Training Director will solve everything.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

It's my understanding that this standard violation was Rob teaching an intro to cave diver trimix in lower orange grove. This has been a rumor for at least close to two years. I wasn't there and won't guess if its valid or not.

Seems odd that it's randomly looked into after so long. Part of me wonders if it's more personal conflict than enforcing standards.

Seems like if he was teaching trimix, then he wasn't teaching an NACD course and thus wasn't violating their standards. But as kwinter hinted at, this is probably more about getting the right "buddy" into that position then it is about safety. Guess the NACD is just returning to is regular self.

Daru

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom