Removing dried salt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I soaked my housing in a little dawn and water overnight then applied a little silicone to all the push buttons.
Will the salt x remove that green crust that's still there ?
Thanks

I soaked my housing in a little dawn and water overnight then applied a little silicone to all the push buttons.
Will the salt x remove that green crust that's still there ?
Thanks

I would not use Dawn to soak a housing as it could remove the lubricants from the glands. As well, soap, by it's nature, is a wetting agent and this makes it much easier for water to enter the and pass the seals/glands.

Vinegar is acidic and can damage (rubber) seals as well.

Distilled water is your friend. It will remove most salt even from crevices given time. A long soak in clean water is appropriate.

N

Salt-X is your friend!

Anyone have any experience with Salt-X on Ikelite camera housings? I get salt buildup on some of the metal on some of the controls, even with a lot of rinsing and soaking in fresh water after saltwater dives.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom