Diving Near Cape Coral, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pchela18

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys,

I'll be traveling to Cape Coral, FL in mid-May for about a week and I'm trying to find some good diving spots within a 2-3 hour radius. I heard Ft. Lauderdale has some good diving spots. Anyone familiar with anything around there? Any other suggestions?

Any help will be appreciated.

West Palm Beach might be a quicker shot than Ft Lauderdale. I know the mileage is shorter but the route is a two lane road in parts so time wise it might be half a dozen of one, six of the other. The diving in both WPB and Ft Lauderdale area (primarily Pompano and Lauderdale by the Sea) are both very good. Another option is shark tooth diving in Venice which is less than 90 minutes from Cape Coral though in May the water in the gulf might still be cold.

Operators I like in Palm Beach County (from the north end to the south)
Jupiter:
-Jupiter Dive Center

West Palm Beach area:
-Narcosis
-Sandy's Sunday
-Jim Abernathy Scuba Adventures
-The Scuba Club (especially if you're a new diver)

Boynton area:
-Underwater Explorers
-Splashdown

In Pompano I like:
-South Florida Dive HQ
-Scubatyme
-Pompano Dive Center

Check out the websites for the above listed boats and you'll see the diving is very good and you'll get a description of the sort of dive sites the shops visit.

Another option is to call Force-E dive shop or Gold Coast Scuba. Neither owns boats but can get you on many of the boats in SE Florida. Palm Beach County is almost all drift diving and the Fort Lauderdale area is a mix of drift diving and dive boats tied off the wreck and reef sites. Enjoy!

Thanks sportxlh! That's very helpful!

Closest Diving in the Cape Coral/Ft Myers area is St. Pete's/Jupiter/Fort Lauderdale...the viz in that part of the gulf is terrible due to river run-off...

Cheers.

-J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom