Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upstate Scuba has a night dive charter to the Junk at Lake Jocassee on August 23rd. Meet at the shop at 7:00 PM Call the shop to signup and for more details. 864-653-3483

Did the night dive with Upstate Scuba last Saturday, 9/13. Excellent dives. A couple big carp that were too lazy to swim away. Dive buddy hovered just petting one for about half a minute. Also, a number of small catfish south and east of the Junk in the flat, muddy area. They were pretty active and I've not recalled seeing them before in the day time. They were probably in the four to six inch range.

FYI: As of today, the end of the ramp is in 13' of water and water temp is 74 degrees down to 35'. The platform is at 23'.

FYI: As of today, the end of the ramp is in 13' of water and water temp is 74 degrees down to 35'. The platform is at 23'.

No change lake level (maybe a foot shallower.) but temperature is 71 deg down to 35 ft.

Lake Jocassee water temp @ the ramp yesterday was 54 degrees @ the surface, 52 degrees @ 4', and 48 degrees from 33' to 75'. Probably 46 degrees from 80' to 300'. I need more sweaters.

Lake Jocassee water temp @ the ramp yesterday was 54 degrees @ the surface, 52 degrees @ 4', and 48 degrees from 33' to 75'. Probably 46 degrees from 80' to 300'. I need more sweaters.

Thanks for the update. Guess that answers my question of drysuit or not. Need to get a dive or two in soon before my trip to FL.

Ryan and I did a dive from the ramp Sunday. Surface looked great as well as the temps were great. Vis was the worse with maybe 10 feet of vis. We went left into the forest to 135'. It was a good dive but vis sucked.

Temps yesterday: 52 near surface, 46 below 70' to 107'. Some strata of clear water forming from 100' to 70'. Current toward the dam (?) both days.

Temps yesterday: 52 near surface, 46 below 70' to 107'. Some strata of clear water forming from 100' to 70'. Current toward the dam (?) both days.

It's been too long since I've been up there. Thinking about a few dives this weekend to get my dad ready for his AOW. We need to work on his trim and buoyancy. Thank you for the update.

Temps yesterday:
10'............57"
50'............48"
66'-117'.....46"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom