WAOW Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mt06

New
Reaction score
Has anyone been on the WAOW liveaboard in the Komodo region? Thinking of booking a trip there in a few months and would love any reviews of the WAOW and/or recommendations for other liveaboards. Thanks!

I've not been on Waow but she certainly looks lovely, the owners are very switched on to guest needs and built the boat themselves so you can be guaranteed good quality. I've heard great things about the on board team and I used to work their photopro a few years ago - he's a good bloke!

I have however been on the Indo Siren and I'd put my hands up to say this is one of the best liveaboard operations in indonesia - I was aboard for a 10-night Komodo trip in July 2014 and am booked later this month for Raja Ampat
Other top quality boats include:
Dewi Nusantara
Ocean Rover
Damai
Black Manta

I'm sure other SBers will wade in with their own experiences but if you'd like to read my trip report for Indo Siren in Komodo - feel free. I believe to experience Komodo at its best then an itinerary should include sites in the north and south of Komodo and Rinca islands - that way you'll get a good mix of macro, corals, fish schools and some sharks.

Enjoy!

Hi, I have been booking the WAOW for a few years now she is a lovey boat, very dedicated to diving and the diver. the Komodo season is end of April to October She has availability on various trips over that time but on the trip 22 June - 3 July, Bima to Labuan Bajo has a promo, US$520 per person off on deluxe cabins, and also on the trip 14-23 July, Bima to Labuan Bajo, US$420 per person off. drop us an email to info@diveoptions.com, or reply here if you want more details, on these trips or any others in Komodo.

Cheers

Jon S-J

My roomie on my last liveaboard has been on both the Dewi Nusantara (as have I) and the WAOW. My roomie has been on a very large number of liveaboards and she thought veerrrry highly of WAOW and recommends it over the Dewi. I realize this is second hand but for me, knowing my roomie's experience and taste, IMNSHO this is a verrry strong recommendation.

just returned from Raja Amapt on 11 night trip on Mermaid 1 . Superb. Great food, comfy ,roomy cabins, great dive guides and awesome service from the entire crew. Will be booking again to do their Komodo trip. Best boat we have been on to date.

i have been on both the Dewi and the WAOW, both are in a class all of their own. but pound for pound, i would say WAOW is technically far ahead of Dewi. they have Wi Fi on board!! and they gave each diver a Nautilus life-line.

level of accomomodations is on par. food as well. the size of the boat is identical. except that WAOW obliged us with unfurling of her 3 masts----folks, it was a big deal.

Dewi would not.

be prepared to give mouth to mouth resuscitation to your bank account after booking with them. but hey...i got value from both boats!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom