water temp Anilao and Dumagete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Useful information here. I am going to Anilao in late March 2016 and did not realise the water temperature could be as low as 25*C. I was going to take my 3mm full PLUS 3mm shorty on top but also have a 0.5mm rash vest if required. I am assuming that that should be enough?

After Anilao I am going on a Tubbataha liveaboard in early April. Will the water be warmer there?

It was 79 degrees F in Anailao the first part of March and the wind died down and viz cleared up when we left on the 20th. 3 mil and dive vest worked well for me. Enjoy your trip!

I've dived Dumaguete in July 2011 and 2012 and Anilao in July 2014 and we never had less than 29 degrees C (sometimes 30) on any of the fifty or so dives I've done in the area. I am surprised at the seasonal variations but have heard it is much cooler Dec- March. Great diving at either destination - the Philippines offers so much.

Water temperature has been unusually low this year in Anilao, reaching 23C degrees in Jan-Feb but it is increasing slowly again and now it's already at 27 C degrees
Useful information. I'll be spending a week with you (Buceo) in the last week of March 2016 and from what you tell me, I am guessing that the water temp around that time would be around 26*C? I am planning to bring a 3mm full suit + 3mm shorty over it, which I think will be more than enough. I'll even have a 0.5mm rash vest if necessary.

What do you think?

Useful information. I'll be spending a week with you (Buceo) in the last week of March 2016 and from what you tell me, I am guessing that the water temp around that time would be around 26*C? I am planning to bring a 3mm full suit + 3mm shorty over it, which I think will be more than enough. I'll even have a 0.5mm rash vest if necessary.

What do you think?

Excellent Hintermann, we will be looking forward to diving with you :wink:
Yes, I think that should be sufficient. However, kindly send us an email at buceofilipinas@gmail.com a couple of weeks before the trip so we can confirm te exact temperature by then...
Thanks again and warmest regards.
Carlos

Back
Top Bottom