http://www.diveheart.org/

Please Help the Nanny Rottweiler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is an unabashed request for help.

Bruno's mom is incredibly involved in rescuing animals while in Kuwait. Her Bruno adopts every handicapped animal and nuzzles and protects it.

Bruno before poison
11130309_10152683442687443_2378880012211083325_o.jpg

Bruno must supervise - one of a pair of orphaned kitties
10308108_10152659595122443_5706642822874034752_n.jpg

Bruno and his Charlie - Charlie is blind
11015937_10152619278382443_4927020215740405207_n.jpg

Bruno went out and managed to get some poison, and now is fighting to walk again.

If you have been there, and know what it is like to fight for the Blessed lives with which we humans are intrusted, could you throw a few dollars his way to help this gentle and loving dog? Bruno and mom have helped so many other souls. Thanks a million! Save Bruno by Lesa Fillingim - GoFundMe

---------- Post added April 5th, 2015 at 11:48 AM ----------

Bruno's Mom is a dive instructor and member of Scubaboard, btw.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2015 at 02:34 PM ----------

Bruno with his first blind baby
10917835_10152513897602443_8295185063820849506_n.jpg

One of the neighbors we had a few years back had one. It go under the fence into our back yard. We left the door open for our dogs to go in and out. My wife was in the bathroom getting out of the shower when she looked up there it was, standing in the bathroom. Scared the crap out of her.

Good thing she was in the bathroom.

:giggle:

Bruno and mom have done so much - rescuing abused and abandoned animals.

I am so glad to be able to help them as they have helped so many others.

Day 1 Two days ago.

Bruno update: Slight improvement. Moving a bit more. Muscles aren't as stiff and he is trying to get up more and more. He is still unable to move by himself. And he has screamed until he is hoarse. He is quiet and relaxes while we are with him. I am still waiting patiently.

Bruno Ill.jpg

This morning

Bruno has been with Sergio, Gino, and even Jill from her vacation, at RAH [Royal Animal Hospital], since noon. In that time, they have truly examined him, worked with his muscles, found that he needed potassium, a few other electrolytes, and anti inflammatories. He greeted me, when I went to feed him and love him, by rolling upright All By Himself! I am so proud of him and so grateful for the team at RAH. Thank you all.

10433073_10152690619942443_4346808951871242162_n.jpg

---------- Post added April 5th, 2015 at 06:26 PM ----------

14 hours ago - the last update before their bedtime.

11109257_10153229104331449_6602454755050199989_n.jpg

Best of luck and an quick recovery. :thumb:

The latest update:

Bruno update: this morning Bruno had a much better appetite. We took x-Rays of his spinal chord to check for problems. No problems and we know we cleared that. Physio is helping and pain killers with antiinflammitories are allowing his back legs to relax more. Later today we go back to massage the muscles and try to see if he can walk a little. Progress is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. It has been a while. I am frankly overwhelmed and so touched by all of you. Thank you.

Let me tell you why my boy is so damn special. My daughter found Bruno 4 years ago. He was a tiny pup, only about 8 weeks old. He was in a dirt desert lot in 120f midday sun, here in Kuwait, in July. He had been stolen from his owner by boys and they had dragged him around and "played" with him. To the tune of shattering his hips and breaking 5 ribs. My 15 year old son took him and never put him down for three months, until he could walk again, on his own.

Bruno grew up to be the tenderest dog. He would let other dogs who were nervous bite him in the face or do what ever they felt. He was patient and released. He waited for them to be comfortable. He loves kids. He has another passion/obessession, however. He has a thing for kittens and cats. He will do anything to mother kittens. Puppies will do, but kittens......... He has two blind cats that are his own. He loves and spends most time with them.

We do medical fostering and sucker into taking every bottle-feeding beast in, who comes our way. We find homes and care for them. There is so much cruel callous treatment of animals here, that we are needed by much more than we can do. But back to Bruno.

The people hired to cut the grass at our complex fertilized and put down pesticide Wednesday night. No one knew till later. Bruno walked across the yard, and back. He licked a leaf by a palm tree. Thirsty seconds later, he went down. Paralyzed, labored breathing, tremors. At 9pm. there is no emergency vet here. I had no charcoal, so I burnt toast black and fed him that to absorb poisons. We soaked his feet in iodine and washed his skin where he touched the grounds (iodine pulls out the poison absorbed through his paws and skin). And we waited. All night. He stayed alive and has been in the vet since. Now, he is very much like a stroke victim. The illegal neurotoxin filled pesticide and the over concentrated urea nitrogen have left heir mark. He is slowly regaining use of muscles, but his left side is impaired. He eats for me. He screamed and cried himself hoarse until he cannot make sounds, unless my daughter or I are there with a hand on him. Then he takes a huge breath, relaxes, and sleeps. We will try to bring him home in a day or so. He will have to have us give him lots of pt and water therapy to regain use of his body. But it can be done. If we are dedicated enough. Bruno is a special dog.
Bruno has helped people who fear dogs, gain control of that fear. His calm sweet nature helps them gain trust. He is only 4 years old. There is much of him to do. And he is family.
I thank you all so much for your help. Vet costs are indeed high in the States. Here, they are insane. His billings from Thursday night have been 420d. That is already 1500$. And he will be given in vet care they say, until at least Thursday. And the extra tests and X-rays to confirm spinal health, plus meds..... Oh. My. I cannot thank you all enough. Your care and positive thoughts and wishes have been truly inspiring. And they help us. All of us. IMG_9464.jpg

Back
Top Bottom