Dive Into Ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I always like to pay it forward when I have a good experience…so here goes.

I just returned from a week in Ambon with Dive into Ambon and have nothing but positive things to say about the entire trip. Kaj and Barb were great hosts, organized, and super friendly. Their crew works hard, is friendly, and is professional. Most of their guides come from Manado and learned the ropes in Lembeh. Simply stated: Dive into Ambon gets it.

What I most enjoyed about the trip is the diverse environments. DIA has a boat on Ambon Bay which features world class muck diving. By the end of the week there was pretty much nothing I didn’t get a chance to photograph. DIA also has a boat on the other side of the peninsula with access to very, very good coral sites…not quite world class like Raja Ampat, but easily the best I have seen outside of R4 and Komodo. The rock formations and swim troughs are stunning and marine life abundant.

Anyway, I won’t go on and on as there are a number of DIA reviews already posted. People have already asked me if it is better than Lembeh. My answer is that it is at least as good as and maybe better. I enjoyed the coral sites far more than I do those in Bunaken.

Taking a trip to Ambon is absolutely worth it, and with Garuda and Batik offering reliable, easy service from Jakarta, it really should be on your list. I will absolutely be back.

10368257_10203336553966114_2100879650187471997_n.jpg11066822_10203336565726408_8435379112220483703_n.jpg11076160_10203335921430301_6661443000629689038_n.jpg11081467_10203335947110943_1023355621947372778_n.jpg

My resort and dive op of choice in Ambon is Maluku Divers. Their mantra is "Critters without Crowds" with a slight reference to the popularity of Lembeh. I have had nothing but good reports from my divers traveling to Ambon. I'll be running a special for this resort at the Seattle H2O Show April 11-12 (Booth 825).

My resort and dive op of choice in Ambon is Maluku Divers. Their mantra is "Critters without Crowds" with a slight reference to the popularity of Lembeh. I have had nothing but good reports from my divers traveling to Ambon. I'll be running a special for this resort at the Seattle H2O Show April 11-12 (Booth 825).

Thanks, LDA. You should absolutely start your own thread about that.

ok diving right into the fray here...

i have dived with both and i would give my vote to DIA because they a foot on each side of the peninsula.

the added advantage of having a boat on either side means short van rides to ambon bay to see the critters and a short walk to the jetty to see the other side of the peninsula.

DIA is within the confines of a hotel. food is nothing to shout about but a lot more varied than Maluku. they have live music. if you take the room with an entry into the pool it is just perfect for after dive drinks. i loved it.

diving with DIA also gives you a chance to see the famous fresh water eels that live in soap water. i enjoyed the day out! it takes forever to reach it if you stay at Maluku.

DIA has a big boat on the bay-side, that has a toilet which is a welcomed feature anywhere.

i paid for my dives with these guys so i can all this.

there...thats my 5 cents worth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom