sanitizing mouthpiece before putting in mouth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never seen a sick mouthpiece... no worries.

Salt water kills the fresh water germs......but adds the salt water germs.
You rinse it in fresh water and you have the fresh water germs again. :(

Don't let your regulator hit the boat deck after dive 1.
Realistically the germs won't hurt you; though some of their tastes might.

When I was learning to dive I did a lot of :vomit: in rentals. I always wondered how well the shops cleaned those regs before issuing them to the next tourist.:hm:

Funny thing is after I bought my own gear I got over my nausea.

thks guys for the replies.

i have about 600 dives but was just curious if everybody does the same ? put the mouthpiece in and dive regardless.

When I was learning to dive I did a lot of :vomit: in rentals.

The day in OW class that they told us you could puke through your reg... was the day I bought my own reg set.

Personal response. I WASH everything. ALWAYS. Don't like anything that could have foreign stuff on it in my mouth--including MY OWN BACTERIA from a glass. Reg, 2nd Stage-- No--never think about it. It's going into salt water anyway. I'm not crazy.

Fish p*ss, sh*t and have sex in the water your mouthpiece goes in. There is no point in sanitising it.

Thats nothing... you should see what dive boat crew does when all you guys are in the water!

Hey, a son of my buddy years ago flinched when I pissed in the Atlantic off the beach at our house. He was SERIOUS!

i brush my moldable mouthpiece about once a year with toothpaste. i pick a toothbrush thats on its last leg. That gets out most of the blackish mold and gunk, not all of it.

Good to go for another year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom