Online Basic Boating / Navigation Resources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabySweetlipsLover

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all !

I've been really interested in the possibility of learning more about the basics of boating and navigation. I've searched the forum for a bit and haven't found anything to what I'm looking for.

Yes, I'm interested in potentially going to a boating course or navigation course, but want to make sure it's something that I would enjoy before investing my time.

Do you all have any (preferably free) resources that you are familiar with where someone can try to find their sea legs?

Thanks guys!

Hey Baby!!

Here in the states, most states provide a basic boat operations course, including navigation. The requirements vary by state and are typically offered by wildlife or local boater clubs at a reduced cost, if not free. I would check with your local marina and wildlife club to see if you have the same opportunity in Oz!

Thanks for the tip. Might be back in the US next month so I'll see what I can pull up.

Unfortunately, I live in the middle of the outback currently so Marina's aren't very likely haha, hence me looking for online resources.

No worries though thanks :)

Here are the online resources for the North Carolina, US, training program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom