Dive Computer Buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with DiveNav's Dive Computer Buddy, DC Buddy? The idea of being able to down load my Sunnto Computers on the spot with Blue Tooth to my iOS devises appealing and downloading at home via Blue Tooth is nice.

I have looked around and have not seen very many if any reviews.
Thanks for any information

I've got one but I haven't used it. The Dive Log integration is cool if you use that app, but it does cost $5 for the app expansion.

Does anyone have any experience with DiveNav's Dive Computer Buddy, DC Buddy? ....
I do. I designed it :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Reactions: RJP
Okay, let me chime in. I have the one for a Mares Puck. To me, it is bliss! Mares software ceased functioning when Microsoft upgraded its Dot-Net Framework, and actually, they dropped it completely, telling you to "use something else" - nice...... This once again allowed me an option. Also, support (non-existent with Mares) is just about as good as i have ever experienced with Alberto's group. The integration across his products is also a plus. I am not a heavy user (the Puck is now a third string back-up - actually the wife's PDC), but when i want it to function, it does. The other products through DiveNav have been fun in helping my daughter understand planning and solving "what if" scenarios.

Overall, I'm a fan. They have made some interesting in-roads bridging the generations of divers.

I’m looking forward to trying out my IR DC Buddy some day :wink:
Me too :depressed:
We are having some issues with one of the component and it looks like that the IR version will take way longer than expected.

Wow. Where have I been all my life?

I have incoming a new Cochran EMC-20H all-the-gasses with the Cochran Analyst (c) software and cable for Windozz. However, I might like to try DC. Is it compatible with Cochran computers?

regrettably, no... they refuse to work with Alberto to integrate them......

I have one for my Zoop. Works like a charm when downloading to my iPhone 4s. I wanted to do it while traveling without toting around my notebook PC. I am using the Dive Logging app.

When I get home from vacation I transfer it to my notebook and desk top with the Dive Log 5.0 program. All the data syncs via wifi from the iPhone to the computers. I then export the file from the Dive Log 5.0 program and then upload it to my on-line social media profile.

The nice thing is that I can do it on the spot when abroad, were I have access to all the info I like to add to the history. Since the data it is being transferred via blue tooth from the Zoop to the iPhone app there is little additional data to enter. Another thing I like about it is via the wifi and the file export, you don't have to reenter the data to have it in multiple places.

Back
Top Bottom