Choosing between timeshares in Coz -- Park Royal or El Ciid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthSideScubaSteve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
As the title of the thread indicates, I've got points with RCI and am looking to book a week in Coz. The Park Royal and El Cid appear to be my best options in terms of room size / capacity and both appear to have "house reefs" for some casual shore diving....

Any Scubaboarders with experience at one or both of these resorts ??

Are there dive operations on-site? How are the resorts for non-divers?

Thanks in advance!
SSSSteve

Last edited:
As the title of the thread indicates, I've got points with RCI and am looking to book a week in Coz. The Park Royal and El Cid appear to be my best options in terms of room size / capacity and both appear to have "house reefs" for some casual shore diving....

Any Scubaboarders with experience at one or both of these resorts ??

Are there dive operations on-site? How are the resorts for non-divers?

Thanks in advance!
SSSSteve

We like ElCid. The tower rooms are suits, 2 baths and it's large. Hear Park Royal is nice too.

When we stayed at ElCid our regular dive op (Blue-XT-Sea) picked us you at their pier. Easy as pie.

We have stayed at both and Park Royal is much nicer. Rooms are beautiful. Get a room about the 5th floor. Restaurants are much better and more to do for the non diving spouse. Do not dive with the onsite op. Most ops will pick you up at the pier ($5 per week pier fee). We will be there for our 5th time in 4 weeks

We stayed at park royal 7 days in January. Going back in june. Great for the kids but the beach is quite small. Wifi is iffy. Overall very happy with this resort. Not much to see in front reefs, but good enough for the kids. Dove with blue xt sea. They pick up at the pier next door. Loved it. $5 or $8 fee to use the pier for the week. Fish was fantastic at both the luch buffet and Mexican restaurant. Try the coconut fish. You can walk across the street and do a shore dive at tiki. We liked it so much we may. Be interested in the timeshare. Could you pm me the info on the timeshare and what your opinion is of buying one?

I stayed at Park Royal a couple of years ago. The rooms are fine with good AC, food it fine too. It's a very large hotel filled with mostly non divers and on the noisy side. It all depends if you are sensitive to noise as I am. Some room locations are worse than others.

South Side Steve,

I am also from Chicago's south side but moved to Texas awhile back, winter chased me out of there but still love the city.

I go to Cozumel several time a year, I was just there a few weeks back, and always stay at the Park Royal. My wife does not dive and loves the place. They have three pools for any type of person.

I also aways dive with Dive with Martin, small fast boats and great service. You can walk from Park Royal to there dive shop on the cruise pier, just a few blocks.

If want someone to set it up for you get in touch with VACATION CONNECTION SCUBA TRAVEL 817-514-8747 / Stacey@VacationConnectionNRH.com they are the US based agent for them.

Most of the reefs in Cozumel are not shore dives, so you will need to plan boat dives.

Have fun

Dan

I want to add some points. Dive with Martin is good, friendly and small, but when at Park Royal we used Aldora Divers. They cost a bit more but offer 120 cu ft HP steel tanks so their dives are much longer and they do a long surface interval at a beach stopover, which is a safety plus. Aldora picked us up at Park Royal dock.

My view on buying timeshares:

Just say NO to timeshares...by any name...in any form.

It looks like they are using points they have not buying one.

After I get through customs in Coz I like to announce to the "helpful" people standing just outside there and say "I am interested in a time share, is there anyone here that could help me?" :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom