2015 Fool's Spring Megadive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will "store" the rum for you :)

[video=vimeo;120258544]https://vimeo.com/120258544[/video]

Megadiver's Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, any guests with you, what you would like to bring,
and if you can help out with some of the chores.
I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week.
Hope this helps!
:d

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst meats for dinner. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
jeandiver - Chips , brats , mustard , buns , and BEANOs , of course :D
scubafool, Dawn and Family - Bells :dance3:
kelemvor and Ashley -
jsisemore, Chris of the Abyss and Cownose Rachel - We'll bring some Tennessee stuff like GooGoo Clusters, Moon Pies and Jack Daniels. :)
mermaid0sea - Some hamburger and hamburger buns and some cheese and eggs for breakfast. AND OF COURSE some cookies. If anyone is interested in trying a frangelico chocolate cake shot let me know... And I'll bring my fiddle. :)
joystershell and Mike -
soccerrefjason and family of four - I'll bring eggs and fixings for breakfast. And some special marinated chicken breast tenderloins and fixings for chicken tacos at dinner... I will also bring along a few djembes for campfire fun...
Dennis and Denise - propane, cook pot, crockpot macaroni and cheese, 18 eggs and cole slaw
joystershell and Mikey - MegaMuffins for breakfast, a bunch of eggs, and burgers for Saturday's dinner.
kelemvor - firewood
And more who said they were coming on Facebook, but haven't checked in here yet.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns) (We're trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group) (If you have something else you were thinking about and want to cook that yourself, that's great! Some have brought friers or smokers and added to the meat items that way.)
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omlettes (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, salsa, wraps, cheese, etc.)
Items for Breakfast (Juices, fruit, muffins, coffee, creamer, etc.)
Charcoal (self starting)
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Aluminum Foil Serving Pans (to hold the cooked meat)
Paper towels and napkins
Heavy duty Paper Plates
(no Styrofoam please) and desert plates.
We have plenty of plastic silverware left over so that item is not needed.
Bottled water
Side dishes (casseroles, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, green salads w/dressing, veggie tray w/dip, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

We also need volunteers to help out during for the weekend. THANKS!!!!
If we all pitch in and take a task, it makes for a fun weekend for everyone.
Sat. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2) jsisemore
Egg cracker (1)
Clean up (1)
Sat. Dinner -
Cook (2-3) - Roxanne
Tables and food set up (2)
Clean up (2) joystershell
Sun. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2)
Egg cracker (1)
Clean up (1)
If someone needs ICE on the way in,
there is a self-serve ICE machine when you leave High Springs to turn on the road to go to Ginnie.
In addition to Ginnie's Springs store and dive shop,
Air Fills:
Cave Country Diving - Home in High Springs where Salvo used to be.
(US Hwy 441)
There is a Winn-Dixie in High Springs , open 7 AM to 10 PM every day.
There is also a CVS Pharmacy right next to the Hardees.

If you have any questions, just ask. One of us will respond.

Scubafool, how much wood did you usually bring?

Found a place in Orlando that'll sell 1/2 cord for a reasonable rate. I'm hoping to find some closer, though. Anyone know of a place in Gainesville or thereabouts for firewood?

Generally the event goes thru 1/2 - 2/3 of a tight stacked cord measuring 4'x4'x8' (approx 2 tightly packed full sized 8' P-up truck beds)
Unfortunately many Florida wood sales places try to sell a "face cord" measuring 4'x4'x18",
It takes 3 face cords to make 1/2 cord so a good bit of difference.

FYI: I have about an 1/8 cord give or take if I can find a way to get it there.

Megadiver's Attending and Food List
Post that your attending, any guests with you, what you would like to bring,
and if you can help out with some of the chores.
I'll add your name to the list at the end of the week.
Hope this helps!
:d

Cardzard and Roxanne - A cooler full of water, diet and non diet sodas, and juices for the kids for the group dinner. Then for brkft, 18ct eggs, precooked bacon, sausage and ham, and some asst meats for dinner. And last but not least, Glow sticks for the galaxy dive.
jeandiver - Chips , brats , mustard , buns , and BEANOs , of course :D
scubafool, Dawn and Family - Bells :dance3:
kelemvor and Ashley -
jsisemore, Chris of the Abyss and Cownose Rachel - We'll bring some Tennessee stuff like GooGoo Clusters, Moon Pies and Jack Daniels. :)
mermaid0sea - Some hamburger and hamburger buns and some cheese and eggs for breakfast. AND OF COURSE some cookies. If anyone is interested in trying a frangelico chocolate cake shot let me know... And I'll bring my fiddle. :)
joystershell and Mike -
soccerrefjason and family of four - I'll bring eggs and fixings for breakfast. And some special marinated chicken breast tenderloins and fixings for chicken tacos at dinner... I will also bring along a few djembes for campfire fun...
Dennis and Denise - propane, cook pot, crockpot macaroni and cheese, 18 eggs and cole slaw
joystershell and Mikey - MegaMuffins for breakfast, a bunch of eggs, and burgers for Saturday's dinner.
kelemvor - firewood
And more who said they were coming on Facebook, but haven't checked in here yet.

For those who always ask what to bring. Here are some ideas...
Meat items for the grill (let's keep it to Hamburgers, hotdogs, brats, and chicken breast and buns) (We're trying to keep it simple so it doesn't take forever to cook for the group) (If you have something else you were thinking about and want to cook that yourself, that's great! Some have brought friers or smokers and added to the meat items that way.)
Eggs (We never seem to have enough.)
Items for the omlettes (additional meats, peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, salsa, wraps, cheese, etc.)
Items for Breakfast (Juices, fruit, muffins, coffee, creamer, etc.)
Charcoal (self starting)
Condiments (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, BBQ sauce etc.)
Aluminum Foil Serving Pans (to hold the cooked meat)
Paper towels and napkins
Heavy duty Paper Plates
(no Styrofoam please) and desert plates.
We have plenty of plastic silverware left over so that item is not needed.
Bottled water
Side dishes (casseroles, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, chips and dips/salsa, fruit salad, green salads w/dressing, veggie tray w/dip, etc.)
Deserts (Oh please don’t forget the deserts!)
Tiki torches and fuel (for around the fire)
Fire wood for the camp fire.

We also need volunteers to help out during for the weekend. THANKS!!!!
If we all pitch in and take a task, it makes for a fun weekend for everyone.
Sat. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2) jsisemore
Egg cracker (1) mermaid0sea
Clean up (1)
Sat. Dinner -
Cook (2-3) - Roxanne
Tables and food set up (2)
Clean up (2) joystershell
Sun. Breakfast -
Cook - scubafool
Food Prep and set up (2)
Egg cracker (1)
Clean up (1)
If someone needs ICE on the way in,
there is a self-serve ICE machine when you leave High Springs to turn on the road to go to Ginnie.
In addition to Ginnie's Springs store and dive shop,
Air Fills:
Cave Country Diving - Home in High Springs where Salvo used to be.
(US Hwy 441)
There is a Winn-Dixie in High Springs , open 7 AM to 10 PM every day.
There is also a CVS Pharmacy right next to the Hardees.

If you have any questions, just ask. One of us will respond.

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom