Urgent In-House Regulator Work in Los Angeles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DixieDolphin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I'm flying out for a dive trip in two weeks. Discovered today while checking my gear that my regulator second stage has developed an air leak (an Aqualung Mikron). Gotta get it fixed asap.

I moved out here from Florida and the last time I took a reg in to a dive shop in SoCal, they sent it out and it took several weeks to get it back. Can anyone recommend a place that can get my reg fixed in the next two weeks before I fly out on March 21st?

I live in the SFV and work in Glendale, so anything nearby would be a plus. But if I have to take a day off and haul it across town during the week, I can do that if absolutely necessary.

Thank you! Any help would be /hugely/ appreciated! :)

You could try Hollywood Divers, just off the 101.

You could try taking the second stage hose off, and turning the orifice in something less than an eight of turn (done while pressing the demand lever). That will likely fix it and take about 10 minutes. Of course someone will come along and say that this requires highly specialized knowledge (it took one sentence to summarize) and highly specialized tools (two wrenches and a screwdriver).

I might give that a try, thank you! It's funny... I had no fear working on my 30 year old ScubaPro Mark V, but this one is all fancy and modern--makes me hesitant to fiddle with it too much. :wink:

If that doesn't fix it, I'll call Hollywood Divers in the morning. Looks like they aren't too far from my office, either. Thanks again!

I probably wouldn't try Sport Chalet, they're the send it out people.

Whoohoo! Adjusting the seat, as per Mr. Carcharadon, seems to have fixed it! Gonna jump in the pool with it to make sure, but I think we may be good.

Definitely going to keep the shop recommendations in mind, too. When I left Florida, I felt a little adrift. Still haven't found that "home" shop so this is really great! Thanks, y'all! :)

I have a Hog second stage in my save a dive kit. Not much more than the cost of a service on my Apeks, and it saves me a wait should I have an issue. Just look for a second on sale, whatever brand you are comfortable with, or buy one 2nd hand and have it serviced and ready to go.

Contact Glynn Palmer at Malibu Scuba Repair. He personally services regulators for a large number of dive shops in the area, will turn it around as fast as you need, and has a state of the art setup for service and testing. You might want to have him check your regulator anyway before you leave on your dive trip. Malibu Dive Repair or call him at 310-266-2955

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom