Sealife lighting options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
There's a few good package deals on the DC1400 with various lighting options. But I can't find any good comparisons of which lights are good for what kind of shooting. Of the lighting options here are the lights I'm trying to decide between.

SL980 Photo and Video. Specs indicate 3 LEDs providing 500 lumens with various settings. As it's for video I assume one of the modes is always on while filming. As well as a flash or strobe for photos?

SL961 Digital Flash. Is this an old school still photo flash? Is this a strobe? Does it support video recording? Light source like LEDs?

Looking for something that will work best for stills primarily. But also capable of videos occasionally.

If you're looking to shoot both stills and video, we recommend one of our Photo/Video/Dive Lights. The SL980 you mentioned is our previous generation 500 lumen light - we've got a newer line of Sea Dragon Photo/Video/Dive lights that are more compact and brighter (1200 and 2000 Lumens). These lights don't function like a flash, they are a constant source of light that's either on or off - but that light will still work well to brighten your photos. We've seen some fantastic shots lit this way.

The SL961 is our previous generation flash - our newer Sea Dragon Flash is much more compact. It's a strobe, a burst of light that fires when you take your shot, so you wouldn't use it to record video.

If you want a completely versatile set, you might consider the DC1400 Sea Dragon Pro Duo, which includes both a flash and photo/video light positioned on each side of the camera. But if you're looking for a one-light, versatile solution, we recommend one of our Photo/Video/Dive Lights.

You can see all of our lighting accessories here: Sea Dragon Lighting | Sealife Cameras

Feel free to give us a call with any questions, thanks!

my micro hd won't attach properly to my mini tray with pro light. am i missing something?

The DC1400 Sea Dragon Pro Duo includes the DC1400 camera, Sea Dragon Flash (for stills) and the Sea Dragon 2000 Lumen Photo/Video/Dive Light, and is a versatile set that's perfect for shooting both colorful photos and HD videos.

You can see it here SeaLife DC1400 Sea Dragon Pro Duo

Back
Top Bottom