Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Look for a FULL write up on it soon... very soon. You will be very pleased with some changes that we will be implementing by the end of the month. Remember, you heard it here first!

Xanthro, thanks for the tip. I ordered the Medium and I normally dive 24lbs with a 7mm suit, and have 4 of the lbs in rear pockets for trim. Hmm...I'm gonna have to figure something out, or return it for a Large.

Xanthro:
I have the Triple-L Orion as well. Nice BC.

If you have the medium or small, and you are using a 7mm wetsuit, you may lack pockets to hold enough weight. Basically, anything medium or smaller is limited to around 16lbs. You'll find that the weight pockets pull away from the velcro if you use more than this. You can be very careful and go up to 22, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Try this if you need more weight, and it also helps with the tilting forward part at the surface, put about 4-6 lbs on the tank. You can either get pockets and put them on the tank straps, in place of the rubber pad, or get a belt and put it around the bottom of the tank with trim weights on both sides.

Good luck on you dives next week, and sorry to hear about the layoffs.

Xanthro

TripleL's online chat person told me each of the 3 pockets on the medium is rated up to 9lbs. But of course, I tend to lend more credence to actual user experience like Xanthro's. Guess I'll find out myself when it arrives...will post my experiences. Thanks.

guymenton:
Xanthro, thanks for the tip. I ordered the Medium and I normally dive 24lbs with a 7mm suit, and have 4 of the lbs in rear pockets for trim. Hmm...I'm gonna have to figure something out, or return it for a Large.

I got another tank belt and belted two weight pouches to the tank, to get around the medium's weight limit.

The drop pouches hold around 8 lbs, you can squeeze in more, but it becomes overly bulky, and that pulls the waist away and stresses the velcro attachment for the weights.

It's the velcro that is the weak link in the weighting.

The third weight pouch is pretty useless, you can't put more than 4lbs in it, as if you do, it will always pull the velcro off on that side, and it is not centered on your belt, so your trim is off.

I actually ordered a large harness, to compare the two. I'll post a review of that on as well.

You can also put ankle weights along the side of the tank, there are even two D rings at the top where you can attach.

Weight along the back really helps the BC, and overall I'm highly satisfied with it. It's comfortable, really easy to control, you go horizontal, vertical, even upside down very easily.

If I were to improve it, I'd add a crouch strap, have intregrated weights along the back, shrink the bladder (it's 48 lbs lift and is both a single and double tank bladder) it's too large for singer tank.

I'd recommend the Orion for sure.

Xanthro

A nut crusher is not hard at all to attach if you want it. I am supprised they do not offer one on their site.

Seabear70:
A nut crusher is not hard at all to attach if you want it. I am supprised they do not offer one on their site.

True, the D rings are already there. It would be cheap for them to offer one on their website.

Now I either have to make one, or head down to LDS and buy one.

Xanthro

Orin Tripple-L just a note got mine today, the bladder retaining strap go throught the wider part of the back plate and not the same as the tank strap.

Good Diving, Vikingok

If you had read the board you would know that this has been a problem for some with the orin BC. Why dont you read the hole board some time so you dont have to make drunk coments.
Vikinkok.

Viking, where are you from, it sounds like you are trying to translate from another language and missing some of the major nuances.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom