The Bull Shark Dive.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
So what are the details of this dive? I've talked with several people who have done it. Just curious......

So what are the details of this dive? I've talked with several people who have done it. Just curious......
You've got to go across to Playa del Carmen to find bull sharks. As far as I know, no Coz ops go there and do those dives.

I've done it. Isn't that exciting, as I was expecting to go to a site where they frequent, but instead they put bait out. I wish I skipped it, but others may feel differently.

If you go, you want to be overweighted, and don't lose the stick they give you to dig into the ground (like my girlfriend at the time did). There is a bit of a current on the bottom.

You've got to go across to Playa del Carmen to find bull sharks. As far as I know, no Coz ops go there and do those dives.

You can get Sergio Sandoval Jr., Aquatic Sports and Expeditions, to go there from Cozumel as long as there's a group. It would be a charter, as it's not one of his normal day-to-day dives. Great boat, great captain and crew. +52 1 987 111 11 72.

Enjoy!

I'd check with Aldora on their 'new' shark dives they doing --to the north.....Couple threads here(on SB) with videos(I know memo had one or 2 here) of that 'new' dive---several here have done it.......

EDIT.....Here's one thread with pics that Dave put up about a year ago when they(were)starting it........I did a search above typing in 'Memo Aldora' to get this post......
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/476205-another-shark-cave.html

Incredible experience. Not for the faint of heart. We didn't use bait and still had six bulls circling us for about 15 minutes. As close as 6 feet. Huge animals in clear water. If I hit the season again, I would repeat for sure.

Incredible experience. Not for the faint of heart. We didn't use bait and still had six bulls circling us for about 15 minutes. As close as 6 feet. Huge animals in clear water. If I hit the season again, I would repeat for sure.

We did essentially the same thing with Tank Ha. Just swam off from a reef to an area they frequent, the DM "called" them in by making a squeaking noise on a plastic soda bottle, and voila ....... 6 appeared, and yes.....got _very_ close. FAB experience.

Some of the people I've talked to made reference to chumming these sharks in, and in close proximity to the mainland beaches. Thanks for your post jfcl01.......

Back
Top Bottom