wetsuit thickness for the keys in March/april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the info, I think I will give the 7mil a shot the first day and see how it goes...maybe even without gloves on the first dive. I don't have a boat coat, so I will need to contemplate the topside (but isn't going to be in the 70's? despite the evaporation/wind)

You should be fine with the 7mm. Diving the St Lawrence during the summer when the water is in the 68 - 70 range we dive the 7mm with either no gloves or gardening gloves for protection rather than warmth, and no hood. It is quite comfortable.

Ya, thinking back I dove Ginnie Springs (which is 70deg year round) with 7mm (maybe even 3mm gloves) and was totally happy. And Ginnie Springs doesn't have any windy boat action SI's or depth to it for thermoclines. Nice! Looks like I don't need to adjust my Razor.

You got any good diving in recently Gcarter?

Ya, thinking back I dove Ginnie Springs (which is 70deg year round) with 7mm (maybe even 3mm gloves) and was totally happy. And Ginnie Springs doesn't have any windy boat action SI's or depth to it for thermoclines. Nice! Looks like I don't need to adjust my Razor.

You got any good diving in recently Gcarter?

Did a week in Key [-]West [/-] Largo (brain fart) last May, a week in the DR in September, and a bunch of cold water diving in the St Lawrence in between, including some of the Kinston wrecks. I was toying with a Blackbeard cruise for this year but may be going to Thailand for a wedding, so that's on hold. Possible road trip to NC this summer for a long weekend with some of the local scuba peeps, or maybe Cape Ann again, had fun there a couple of years ago.

Picked up a Hog BP/W last winter, put 55 dives on it last year and really like it. I am still not a pretty diver but my trim and buoyancy are much improved.

Have a good time!

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom