New GoPro "package" checklist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also got one of these. It stores about everything you need and protects the camera too.

POV20 | UKPro - GoPro

Here's my thinking:

- GoPro 4 Black (standard "Adventure" package rather than surf/paddle)
- Dive housing (I'll be in the 180ft range a fair bit)
- LCD BacPac
- Two SanDisk "Extreme" 32gig cards (U1 type, not the newer U3)

:D
why the U1 over the u3?

why the U1 over the u3?

Have seen a few tech articles citing the U1 has faster write speed. The newer U3 (Extreme Plus) has an improved READ spead vs the UI... but a reduced WRITE speed.

Have seen a few tech articles citing the U1 has faster write speed. The newer U3 (Extreme Plus) has an improved READ spead vs the UI... but a reduced WRITE speed.

I was curious about this myself. The guys at GoPro told us to go with the Extreme Plus card. So I went to the SanDisk website and looked up the specs on the Extreme Plus that is a class C10/U3 and it has a read speed of 80 and a write speed of 50. I then looked at other cards that were class U1 and I don't think I found anything that was any better than the 50 write speed but I may have read it wrong. I'm not overly tech savy about this stuff anyway. I have been told that a write speed of at least 30 is good enough anyway.

Reactions: RJP
I was curious about this myself. The guys at GoPro told us to go with the Extreme Plus card. So I went to the SanDisk website and looked up the specs on the Extreme Plus that is a class C10/U3 and it has a read speed of 80 and a write speed of 50. I then looked at other cards that were class U1 and I don't think I found anything that was any better than the 50 write speed but I may have read it wrong. I'm not overly tech savy about this stuff anyway. I have been told that a write speed of at least 30 is good enough anyway.

If you can find 'em... the U1 cards are cheaper. That much I DO understand.

:D

I wish I was in GoPro acquisition mode when I was at DEMA. I would have spent more time at their booth and looking/researching. I really missed out.

Why the black and not the silver? I reckoned I don't need 4k30, so I went for the silver. Builtin LCD screen and about 100$ less.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

the first mistake is buying a completely new camera system 2 weeks before a trip, without really being able to even know the screens / software and having to learn it while on a "relaxing" holiday.

the first mistake is buying a completely new camera system 2 weeks before a trip, without really being able to even know the screens / software and having to learn it while on a "relaxing" holiday.

A GoPro isn't very complicated. Set it to whatever setting you want to shoot in, turn it on, and press the record button. I don't think it would take much more than a couple of hours to figure it out.

I've traveled with a GoPro before. Plus... that ain't really that hard. Though I will have 35hrs of flying to read through the manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom