Intova Flashlight O Rings??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2ndChance

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Alright guys maybe y'all can help me brainstorm. For the past couple weeks i have been trying to find a good source for O rings on both the intova wide angle and compact torches. I need to find the sizes for both the end caps and under the lens cap. Any help would be appreciated!

---------- Post added May 14th, 2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

ok so maybe the o ring material is the more important issue. These orings are made of a more elastic material than standard buna rubber.

Aloha,
Here are the dims you were requesting
IFL WA lens o-ring dimension : 29.5*3.5 MM

ICOM lens o-ring dimension : 29.7*3.0 MM

Note: if your light is already out of the 1 year manufacturers warranty feel free to try this yourself, not too difficult. If within the 1 year manufacturers warranty opening the head of the light would void the warranty. If unsure give us a call and we'll take care of you. Mahalo

Hi Intova Joe- can you please advise on the 2x O-rings used for the ULTRA NOVA? Great torch... but... the original o-rings seemed to pinch even with lubrication.

Alright guys maybe y'all can help me brainstorm. For the past couple weeks i have been trying to find a good source for O rings on both the intova wide angle and compact torches. I need to find the sizes for both the end caps and under the lens cap. Any help would be appreciated!

---------- Post added May 14th, 2013 at 06:45 PM ----------

ok so maybe the o ring material is the more important issue. These orings are made of a more elastic material than standard buna rubber.

Assuming Joe's metric sizes are ID, not OD; they would be a 2-217 (29.74mm x 3.53mm) and a 3-916 (29.74mm x 2.95mm). Package quantities are too high but price is not unreasonable at: oringsUSA. You may want to find a few friends using the same light.

I am going through similar efforts with a couple other "made in China" lights of different brands. I found those other light were using o-ring that were too large/tight (resulting in damage and flooding) and unnecessarily soft (as long as the sealing surfaces are well machined and finished). Remember, duro 70 o-rings are found in many scuba regulator applications and perform quite adequately with 150 psi pressure differentials (and higher) without being so tight they woulod cause unwanted friction. I doubt if material is much of a consideration as long as it handles water and is not excessively expensive.

I received this from IntovaJoe when I asked the question again via PM.

For Ultra Nova and Ultra II the O-ring size is 27 x 2 mm.
(1,1/16 x 5/64)
For our new Ultra III, the O-rings sizes are 1 ea 33 x 3 mm and 1 ea 33 x 2 mm.

Last edited:
For anyone interested 27 x 2 mm seems to work with AS568-023.

Back
Top Bottom