Hero 3+ Black Video: Return to Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Oops. Originally posted this in general videography instead of GoPro where it belongs!

Diving with Kona Diving Company.

Get ready for a facefull of mantas and dolphins!

GoPro Hero 3+ Black
Mako AR-15 grip and two lights
Backscatter Flip 3.1 with 55 mm adapter ring and SRP filter

Enjoy! Comments and constructive critiques welcome!

full screen link:
https://vimeo.com/108158923

[video=vimeo;108158923]https://vimeo.com/108158923[/video]

Didn't much care for the music, so I couldn't watch it all the way. My loss. From what I did watch the video was spectacular. Perhaps next time pick some music that everyone will like, old guys like me as well as young ones.

My son and I just did the manta night dive with Kona Diving Company. They were recommended to us by Patrice at Pacific Rim Divers. The manta dive was epic. Your video really captures the feel of what it was like, way better, in fact, than the video I purchased for $75. The camera work and editing are extremely skillful. And, as a 58 year old man, I can say that the soundtrack rocks. I googled the lyrics to find out what the song was, immediately got on to Vokab Kompany's website, and downloaded the entire Quit Sleep album. You couldn't have made a better choice. Speaking of which, it would be nice if you credited the songs on all your videos on Vimeo so that people can easily find out what they are.

Thanks for the Vokab Company shout out MildlyDamp! Glad you thought it rocked! Zeagle Eagle: "music everyone would like" is an impossible category. Most dive videos have music so boring that it sounds like Muzak. I guess many people do like that type of music but not me or anyone I know. I must be in the minority then. So why put my videos to elevator music if I don't enjoy that music?

To each their own I guess

great job, really tight editing quick snappy snippets of video, my only suggestion would be try to keep the segments shorter (manta night dive, pods o' dolpins)

That's the hardest part for me, is leaving "good footage" on the editing room floor.........once you've shown dolphins from 2-3 angles, the story has been told, then move on to the next chapter.

Nice red filter work, night lighting work, and pole cam...............you done good!

I'm in the market for a filter so I've been reading and watching videos all over the place lately. One thing I noticed on yours that I haven't noticed on others with the backscatter filp is the purple tint closer to the sides of the frame and corners during the day shots in your video.

You mentioned

Backscatter Flip 3.1 with 55 mm adapter ring and SRP filter

Do you get different results with the 55mm adapter ring + filter versus say just a SRP BlurFix3 + SRP filter? Just curious is intermingling parts might cause the purple tint.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom