Diver missing on Vandenberg - Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has this diver been located and recovered yet?

I can not find any articles after jan 4th... Did they ever find the guy?

Last edited:
That boat was found at Elliot Key in Miami. The boat owner was a local from Stock Island, he had turned States Evidence in a lobster poaching case. They don't have to look for him, they won't find him. Different guy.

This artical Boat found; fisherman still missing | KeysNews.com written on Jan 14 says search was stopped on Jan 6th. It does not say if it will resume.
That boat was found at Elliot Key in Miami. The boat owner was a local from Stock Island, he had turned States Evidence in a lobster poaching case. They don't have to look for him, they won't find him. Different guy.
I think that article actually says they stopped searching for the diver on the 6th, while they started looking for the fisherman on that day after his boat was reported seen by the public on the 5th - ending "Saturday," the 11th. Then the article includes more that conflicts with itself, but it is a whole different case.

I see the line buried at the end of the article now.

I was one of the divers on that trip, as most of you will see from my account I am a new diver and new to this site (referenced through my PADI instructor). Some of the information I've seen posted here is correct, other aspects are wrong. I hadn't searched for forums to discuss it for a while since it was under investigation and I didn't want to interfere with the process of the USCG, sheriffs dept since I know nothing of it. If they were going to release any of the relevant information they would have by now, so I'm confident that I can answer what questions you may have. More so I'm sure there is a plethora of knowledge that I can take from this as well, I've talked briefly with my instructor about the events on the Vandenburg, and I'd like to be able to share with the diving community however possible.
Also I am new to these forums, so forgive me for unfamiliarity with posting/replying and providing information. I simply hope to learn from this for my future dives.

So post what happened.

You will probably be drilled and questioned, but if you just post exactly what you observed to have happened and then distinguish that from what you THINK may have been occurring, I think people would be very appreciative of the information.

What an unfortunate thing to see early on in your dive career. I've seen too many accidents and it DOES change the way you look at things when diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom