Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(:(:( sad??? What does that mean? :confused::confused:

Saw you laying on the bottom go-proing your your son kneeling on the bottom holding up/molesting a sharp tail eel with both hands.
Thought it was sad he has your bad habits and disregard for marine life.
Fit right in for a weekend though...
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Saw you laying on the bottom go-proing your your son kneeling on the bottom holding up/molesting a sharp tail eel with both hands.
Thought it was sad he has your bad habits and disregard for marine life.
Fit right in for a weekend though...
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Sorry you are mistaken. That didn't happen this weekend. Maybe you were narced or having flashbacks to other videos. :no::no:

One snorkel dive from Saturday.. Selfie by my son.

[video=youtube_share;pvjy6_31Xqg]http://youtu.be/pvjy6_31Xqg[/video]

Odd coincidence as this is the kid.
Figured you have enough video of bad behavior I didn't need to shoot more.
Why deny it, kinda your MO.

Well WE didn't handle any eels, but upon further consultation with my son.... he says that HE might have grabbed one "a little". We were separated for a short time, so it must have been when I wasn't looking.

You can go back to being sad; I generally try to avoid saying (or posting) comments that are untrue. My apologies. :idk:

Critter handling aside I want to say I am impressed by his swimming skills & rather steady use of the Go Pro. No sand stirred so baby steps in the right direction

that is a scrap of PVC pipe. He was trying some of my old fins that were too big and too stiff and he still makes it look EZ... notice the hands free equalization?

I'm only sad when I see mistreating critters passed on to the next generation, glad Deb liked his swimming skills.
Must be good.
John

There is no denying that Dumpster has taught his kid to be better in the water, than 99% of the divers we will see at the BHB. He has perfect propulsive technique, his weighting and buoyancy balance is optimal.... he does not silt, and he has good awareness of all that is around him.

I'm not saying I don't wish I could figure out a compelling reason to share with DD, so that he would decide that handling marine life is a bad thing to do on a regular basis...I just can't think of anything someone here has not already suggested.....We might jokingly suggest, he knows just enough about Marine Biology, to be "dangerous" :)

But again, kudos to the job of teaching your son, DD.

Thanks, I guess.... I actually made an effort to not handle any slimy critters on the last outing. Never the less, those sharp tail eels are constantly scraping their bodies, digging in under sand, rocks and everything else. I have a hard time believing that a gentle touch is going to harm them, particularly when released, they seem to be unstressed and to continue their previous activities rather than "run and hide".

I should add that I find it somewhat "interesting" that touching a few eels elicits so much negative feedback, yet a certain professional dive charter operation is frequently engaging in activities (that are illegal in the state) that are intended to yield unnatural photographs and videos and his activities seem to have wide spread support on here.

Of course I am talking about the perfect legal shark feeding activities which occurs just outside of the state limits in jupiter. Those interactions are "fine" but I'm BaaaaaaaaD. :confused::shakehead:

We found a nice shell today..

And, knowing how you dive, I bet you took it!

---------- Post added January 13th, 2015 at 07:52 PM ----------

:(:(:( sad??? What does that mean? :confused::confused:

Maybe he has to be referring to your son's EXTREMELY rude buzzing of that photographer trying to take a shot. So, you not only harass wildlife, you harass photogs. THAT is the family tradition he may be referring to.

---------- Post added January 13th, 2015 at 07:58 PM ----------

When I see another photog working, even if it is a subject I hope to get to, I wait patiently and stay the heck away from his spot, so I don't disturb his subject. That swooping by obviously spooked his subject, as seen by the photog looking up to see what had just happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom