Atomic mask's question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So that I could be one of the ugly people? No thanks. Id rather wear my Hog Razorback for 25 USD and keep my good looks.

Did you see the Twilight Zone Episode where the handsome fellow lived on a bizarre world with hideous "creature" people and then they exiled him to a world where, it just happens, was inhabited by other ugly people like himself. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or perhaps the social norm, could explain the fellow I followed though Oklahoma today for a while who had large, as in rotund, playboy silhouette stickers on his truck. There is someone for everybody and a mask for everybody too.

N

Thanks for inputs :)

I have both the frameless and the venom,

In real life, does the Venom len really significantly superior to the frameless? or just advertising point of the manufacturer?

In real life, does the Venom len really significantly superior to the frameless? or just advertising point of the manufacturer?

The Venom really does have a better lens, but overall it's an inferior mask because of its volume and stupidly over engineered construction (silly metal piece reinforcing the nose, dumb two tone silicone skirt structure, etc).

I have an Atomic Frameless and....it's my backup. I don't love the fit of it and I'm not sure why. I had high hopes for it because so many people rave about it but it's just not for me. Now, the Atomic Sub Frame on the other hand I love.

Go figure.

Venom is mostly excessive 'bling', not to mention it's bulkier and expensive, plus masks are a gear item more prone to being damaged or lost, so it makes little sense to over invest in something 'expendable' like a mask.

Maybe it's just me, but in 20years the only masks I have lost have been loaned and not returned.
And that count to date is 1 in which i could care less if I ever get it back.
It is an Atomic Frameless BTW.
Also have a Venom mask and that one is often with me at dives.

The only other failure is a nose purge on a very old Dacor mask from 1990's.
Omitting the fact that it is a mask that must compete for highest volume ever,
it was one of the most comfortable masks I've ever had.
I have a bin full of masks, and will often show up at a dive with 4-6 masks that are my favorites.

Maybe it's just me, but in 20years the only masks I have lost have been loaned and not returned.
And that count to date is 1 in which i could care less if I ever get it back.
It is an Atomic Frameless BTW.
Also have a Venom mask and that one is often with me at dives.

The only other failure is a nose purge on a very old Dacor mask from 1990's.
Omitting the fact that it is a mask that must compete for highest volume ever,
it was one of the most comfortable masks I've ever had.
I have a bin full of masks, and will often show up at a dive with 4-6 masks that are my favorites.

...and yet, looking at your Scubaboard profile photo, you're not wearing any mask at all ? :)

I just found this news, the Venom frameless. I am curious when it will be in the market.

DiveNewswire

IMG_0010.png

Back
Top Bottom