Your Best Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My most enjoyable dive thus far was about a month ago in Jackson Blue. I met up with a great dive buddy and did a 2:21 BT to which include my favorite passage, the Kings Canyon! Awesome dive!! Saw it twice that weekend as well as the queens bypass. Looking forward to going back!!

I had already left Okinawa Jp for a couple of years. I was back for a vacation but rain and weather prevented the dives that I wanted to do. So my buddy calls me up and said that we will meet tomorrow for a dive on the USS Emmons if weather is good. Well, it was like the weather Gods clamed the seas and all was a go. Since my buddy was taking two instructors for their cert. for wreck diving I was solo. I splashed first and was going down until I hit around 60 FSW and an entire destroyer reveiled itself to me. I went to the ship and had a blast checking out everything. The torpedoes laying in the sand as well as the tower. There were helmets stacked up waiting for the sailors to don them for the battle. The guns were pointed toward the sky as if waiting for the next group of planes that would challenge her. I did two dives that day and even though I have not been back, I am taken back by the amount of articles removed from her. I am sure that it will never be the same....but it is in my logbook for others to read when I am long and gone...just like the ones who gave their life that day. Rest in peace my brothers and forgive those that rob your grave. So it was just me, the sea and a war lady.

It was a shore dive off Maui...the 5 graves site. Nothing spectacular about the site itself, shallow, maybe 30-40 feet, small reef growth, but tons of big turtles and great visibility. About 15 minutes in we were treated to a mana ray show. 5 rays buzzed the 3 of us for half an hour. They just hung out with us, circling, doing barrel rolls and fly bys. They were right on top of us. We just sat there and watched the show.

There were two for me, the Bianca C off Grenada and The Jetty near Padangbai, Bali. Completely different dives, but the most memorable of my 50. Well, also memorable was my attempt at dry suit in Wraybury gravel pit but I wouldn't say it was memorable for good reasons.... :wink:

The Jetty was like swimming in fish rather than water, it was so densely populated.

At the Bianca C it was eerily quiet with no one around but me, my husband and the dive guide. I was super nervous, but we got down to as close to the deck as I was going to go, and three giant eagle Rays rocked up, had a look at us, and sailed off. It was amazing.

Galapagos with shark, whale shark, dolphin, spotted eagle ray, and turtle.

Wall dive on Key Biscayne in the Everglades. Good dive with ripping current. My partner had a natural high from that dive. She was a lotta fun for the weekend

My most enjoyable dive thus far was about a month ago in Jackson Blue. I met up with a great dive buddy and did a 2:21 BT to which include my favorite passage, the Kings Canyon! Awesome dive!! Saw it twice that weekend as well as the queens bypass. Looking forward to going back!!

I was there around the same time frame 11-24. It has never been better to dive but now it is blown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom