Key Biscayne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tankus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be there in late February. Is it worth diving that time of year considering water temp, vis, sites, current, etc.? Many thanks

And it depends on what you consider worth it.. If you're from the Midwest and used to diving quarries wi 5' of visibility, you will be impressed. If you're used to diving in Palau, maybe not so much. But I'd probably say yeah, go do it.

BTW, after Aquatic Adventurers closed last summer, I'm not sure there are any boats running out of Key Biscayne. I'd suggest calling the guys at Austin's Dive Center in South Miami and asking them for charter recommendations. tel:(888)665-0636

Florida. Would appreciate your thoughts. Regards.

Florida. Would appreciate your thoughts. Regards.

Can't help you on that, sorry.

If you ever want to dive a sunken oil rig in Western Australia also called Key Biscayne I might be more use

Thanks Ken.

Hello.
You need to post HERE:
Florida Diving

OK,
So you are staying on Key Biscayne in a condo or something right?
Great place.
Convenient to Key Largo, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano/Boca, West a Palm Beach/Jupiter.

We dive all year down here in SoFla.
Water temps then:
Jupiter: 65-72
Broward: 68-73
Dade: 69-74
Key Largo: 70-74
All temps in 'Merican!
It can be windy in February, or flat as glass if we have west wind.
How long will you be here?

Repost this to the Florida Forum, and all your questions will be answered.

Chug
Poor French, Redneck English, Some Spanish, and German cuss words.

Thanks Chug, great info. How do I get to the Florida Forum? I'm new to this board.

I've never used them but you might want to check these folks out. Weather can be rough or flat calm, visibility can vary, it all depends on what the fronts are doing

Diver's Paradise | of Key Biscayne

I can recommend Divers Paradise they are great and run an awesome boat that is rarely full in the winter giving you lots of space to spread out. They've also got a full service shop!

Biggest problem with Miami diving is weather. Divers Paradise usually cancels for anything over 4-6ft which can occur quite frequently. Lots of cool wrecks depending on your level/training, lots of deep stuff as well as a bunch of shallower wrecks that you can hit 4 or 5 of in a dive they are all "connected" by trails of rebar.

If you get the chance I would definitely recommend heading north a bit to do some diving. Jupiter (Emerald Charters or Jupiter Dive Center) will give you awesome shark/turtle sightings, and one of my favorite dive sites is Tenneco Towers, some old oil platforms sunk of Ft. Lauderdale (American Dream Charters).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom