Kona Trip Photos with Canon G16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avengedkevinfold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from Kona with my Canon G16. I know I got some good shots for this being my first time using an real underwater rig. (other than using a gopro previously) I wanted to know if the professionals in the crowd would be willing to give me some quick constructive criticism on anything and everything. (Always looking to improve) See the link below. All meta data and camera info should be available within the google plus interface for each photo. Thanks in advance!

https://plus.google.com/photos/1119...s/6090287179843490481?authkey=COrhqbDkg4mm0wE

Setup used:

-Canon G16
-Fantasea Housing
-Fantasea Big Eye WA
-Bluewater photo +7 diopter
-YS-01 strobe
-Radiant 1600 video light

Really, really good shots, especially for a relatively new diver. Especially the wide-angle dolphins, rays, and turtle shots are outstanding. I am guessing you must have been an experienced topside photographer before learning how to dive?

Thanks for the compliments. Not experienced topside by any means. Got my first canon 6d SLR 3 months ago. Did a bit of reading to learn to use a camera which may have helped.

Your pictures are absolutely awesome ...OK you are a sufficiently good diver to get into fabulous positions with world class marine creature.....but many of these shots are magazine quality.

I am also a new user of an underwater Canon 110 and I also really enjoy taking reef scenes .....have got really nice results at between 15 and 5 mts by going in close to the reef. The detail and colour quality even on my little thing are great.

Enjoy you new hobby and best fishes

Great shots and you have a very good eye! Did you do any post processing on these or are they straight out of the camera?

Your photos are incredible, I wish I was as talented with a camera as you are:)

My wife gets very good pix with this same setup. She shoots auto, how about your settings

How do you like the Fantasea housing so far? Also the Bluewater +7 diopter? Are you using the Fantasea adapter for the diopter?

I am considering purchase of this housing soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom