Finishing AOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, any instructor can finish your cert - although it may cost a little more than you think, as unless you have the PIC/online PIC that comes with your AOW manual/online manual, your certifying dive centre will have to purchase another one. But purely in terms of sign up, as long as you have signed off proof of the previous 4 adventure dives you've done however (preferably in the form of relevant training records) you should have absolutely no problem.

I want to know if I could do the deep dive with another dive center closer to me, and still achieve the certification.
I did the compulsory Deep and Navigation dives with a certified dive centre. I was scheduled to do the PPB the same afternoon and Drift and Boat dives the following day to complete the certification. But a bad lunch at a seaside vendor resulted me being violently sick soon afterwards, resulting in abandonment of rest of the weekend. I completed the PPB, Drift and Night dives with a totally different instructor about 3 week later.

It is important to get all completed AOW dives certified at the appropriate pages of the Dive Log. But it is the instructor who supervises the 5th and final AOW dive whose name will show on the AOW card.

Yes, any instructor can finish your cert - although it may cost a little more than you think, as unless you have the PIC/online PIC that comes with your AOW manual/online manual, your certifying dive centre will have to purchase another one. But purely in terms of sign up, as long as you have signed off proof of the previous 4 adventure dives you've done however (preferably in the form of relevant training records) you should have absolutely no problem.
I suppose it could be different in Thailand, but elsewhere no PIC comes with the AOW manual. That is a separate purchase by the instructor at the time of certification. Anyway, if one came with the manual, it has no name on it so could be used by the shop for someone else at some other time for a different class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom