Interested in your recommendations for diving Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I didn't post links. It was a late night for me....

But betsyinczm gave the link already. It really was fantastic. Roberta was the owner and sweet as ever. Like I said, it was a great place with great diving. It is located just south of Casa Del Mar like Dan mentioned and rabout 100 feet away from Ernestos (which is still there, and from what I heard, was the first place to bring fajitas to the island?). The diving was always very personal off the boats; you get to decide where you want to go that day. You get to know the people on the boat as you'll usually dive with similar people the whole time you're there; and it is very efficient. They are always more than willing to accommodate your needs. It's also nice because Roberta bakes pastries/cakes that you get between dives on the boat. You're also right next to a port that drops passengers off from cruise ships, so there is not only the Royal Shopping Center, but a little area with booths set up for shopping. I also forgot to mention that there is another food tent that sets up every now and then for breakfast tacos right next to the torta truck down the road. Every time we checked there was a line a mile long to get those breakfast tacos, so they must have been good. Additionally, there is a cenote (cenote aerolito de paraiso) within walking distance (about 1.5 km) down the road. Not sure if you can dive it, but it's there and I'm sure you could ask around and find out if its possible. You're also close to some ruins on the island (El Cedal) which could be fun to check out. You could easily rent a scooter for between 20-30 dollars a day and head over there.

http://scubashackcoz.com/diving-en/diving-at-scuba-shack

Thank you for the information on Village Tan Kah. My husband and I just booked a last minute trip and will be staying & diving with them over the holidays. You really can't beat the price and the diving in Cozumel is incredible.

Stay off of scooters/mopeds if you value your life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom