So Would You Go To Indonesia Now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW. I'd probably dive past that hairy many times without noticing it wasn't just a ball of algae.

I was looking right at it and it still looked like a patch of algae. Photo was 90% luck and trusting that the guide really did know what he was doing. Not until I got to the surface could I see the octopus and the eyeball in the ball of stuff.

Was obviously not pissed enough. Unbeknownst to me there were 8 divers hovering above me waiting their turn - he was feeling a bit crowded. This is 2 seconds later:

Lemb-40.jpg

Say hi to the crew at NAD - I'll be arriving in 11 days and can't wait!! They are awesome :)

Agree - my first time with NAD and best guide ever. Enjoy your time here!

Great octo pics, both of these have eluded me in the past! Twofish stated the guests were saying ' no more hairy octopuses!' Lol, if only my luck!

We're headed to Bali in April. but thanks for posting this link.

I would feel somewhat better if I had seen some specific reactions from Muslims like this:

IS, ...... has, however, generated outrage and rejection from the mainstream Muslim community.

While Indonesia is the world's largest Muslim country, Bali remains ~80-85% Hindu. Agreed that didn't stop the two previous terror attacks, BUT any attack (unlikely) is going to be concentrated in the areas populated by lots of tourists (first was in Kuta, second in Jimbaran Bay).

I personally have no interest in the "worldly pleasures" of Kuta, and the chances of an incident in Tulamben/Pemuteran/Lembongan is most likely less than you getting hit by a bus in SF.

I was in Bali in June and in Raja Ampat and Jakarta last month. Honestly, Jakarta felt safer than London.

TBH, terrorist attacks can occur anywhere in the world, including the 'safest' Western cities. While one should take sensible precautions while travelling in a foreign country, one cannot live in a vault.

Oddly enough, a lot of the Far Eastern cities and other touristy areas are probably getting safer in comparison to what they used to be a decade or so ago. The reason is probably increasing numbers of Chinese tourists; assuming that the terrorists target tourist spots mainly, they might not be as prepared to antagonise China as they are the West. The eventual response is not likely to be as "accommodating"

The ISIS terrorist and the issue in indonesia about terror there nothing to worry about it. Bali still open and landing international airplane from around the world, that's the sign of tourism in indonesia is fine. so there has nothing to worry, because now still thousand people coming to Bali everyday :wink:

Gili Cat

I would rather die on my feet, doing what I love (in that extremely rare chance) than stay home forever in fear. Go live...you only get one run at this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom